[11] Legacy

"And what are they telling you now?"

"Geralt..."

He caressed my face as I attempted to keep my heart from beating fast enough to seem like a human.

"I don't know," I stammered.

"Valyria, you know the answer to what I'm asking," Geralt said.

"If I told you the truth, it'll change everything including us," I sighed.

"I'm okay with that change as long as you're a part of it," he revealed.

"Geralt, what's going on here?" I asked.

"Valyria, I-"

"Why would Yennefer save my mother? I mean she's done enough as it is so what's the point of her unless Yen wants something in return," I wondered.

"Ria, I'm trying to tell you something and bringing up another woman doesn't help me," Geralt argued.

"Sorry, I'm just worried about Yennefer's motive in all of this," I sighed.

"Yen is and always will be a mystery so don't stress yourself," he advised.

"What did you two speak about in Rinde?" I asked.

"What?!"

"I saw you two speaking about something and you haven't been the same since that day," I explained.

"She wanted to apologize for risking your life to capture the djinn," Geralt said.

"You're lying....I saw the two of you arguing and she said something that bothered you so what was it?"

"We spoke about you...specifically, what you mean to me," he revealed.

I caressed his face before I attempted to retreat but he stopped me and brought me closer to him. I leaned in to press my lips against his as he kissed me back and it brought me back to our time in Kaer Morhen. Strangely enough, I felt an opening to read Geralt's mind and he was thinking about our time in Rinde when we were bathing together.

"Are you seriously thinking about Rinde?" I mumbled.

Suddenly, Geralt stopped to look at me in disbelief as I finally read his mind for the first time.

"You actually saw that???" Geralt asked.

"Yes, I finally saw what you thought about," I answered.

He kissed me again before we went to bed as we went searching for Yennefer and my mother the next day. Once we found Yennefer's location, Geralt knocked on the door and Yen opened it for us to enter and my mother took off her hood.

"Valyria, what are you doing out here???" Mother questioned.

"I came to find you or father....I spent three years in Kaer Morhen, waiting for you both but I couldn't wait any longer," I explained.

Mother immediately recognized Geralt and I was worried about her reaction with us traveling together.

"Drautos would be proud of you and what you've done to protect Val," Mother smiled.