C H A P T E R O N E

••

••

Raegan laid in the grass, eating grapes and reading her assigned book for English

Raegan laid in the grass, eating grapes and reading her assigned book for English. She often found herself outside, just to get out of her room and away from her roommates.

"Rae!" Brandy yelled, walking towards her shielding her eyes from the sun with her hand. "Rae!"

Raegan looked up from her book, and waved at her best friend. "Hey babe, you look cute."

Brandy smiled as she sat down on the blanket, "Thank you, why you out here reading though?"

Raegan laughed a little, popping another grape into her mouth. "The weather is pretty decent today, all the butterflies are out. What're you doing out here though?"

Brandy shrugged, reaching over and grabbing a few grapes, "I'm pretty bored, it seems like everybody is just chilling in their rooms today."

"Sorry to hear that babe," Raegan looked over at her. "You can stay out here with me as long as you want,"

Raegan and Brandy met two years ago during their freshman orientation, where they instantly hit it off and became friends. They had been roommates as well as connected at the hip since. Most people who met them would quickly assume that they were sisters because of the way they interacted.

"Never mind, I'm not bored anymore," Brandy smiled, standing up. "There goes my boo."

Reagan shook her head, flipping the page of her book. "Now, you know damn well he doesn't like you."

"That's just what he's telling y'all, but we both know the real status of our relationship," Brandy shrugged, walking towards him. "Hey babe!"

David sucked his teeth, instantly knowing the voice calling out to him. "Oh my gosh, I'm not your damn boo!"

Brandy jogged over to him before he could walk away, pulling his arm. "Where we going?"

Raegan laughed to herself, knowing that Brandy wasn't ever going to let up. If you asked Raegan, she would compare them to Professor Oglevee and Nikki from the parkers or Sticky and Dejanay from the proud family.