C H A P T E R T H R E E

••

••

"Man, I'm beyond ready for basketball season to start," Terrance grinned

"Man, I'm beyond ready for basketball season to start," Terrance grinned. "Niggas is gon' be mad as hell."

Terrance had been playing basketball almost, all of his life and he planned on playing during his college years. Of course, since he was a transfer it would be harder for him to claim a spot on the team even though he was asked to come there.

Throughout high school, Terrance, Esau, and David played on the same team together. They earned the nickname 'The Golden Trio' as they won three consecutive championships in high school.

They all had chosen to stay together, but when Terrance received an offer from a school that he had always wanted to attend he jumped at the opportunity. After playing with them for one season, things just didn't feel right and he announced that he was looking to transfer somewhere else.

So, when the coach at the University of Michigan emailed him it felt like destiny. His two best friends were already on the basketball team there, and he couldn't turn down an offer to play with them again. So, when he accepted his friends were beyond ecstatic. This was their opportunity to redo everything they did in high-school, but better.

"Hell yeah, the dream team is back baby," David laughed, dapping Terrance up in the process. "Shit is about to get real hectic around here."

"Hey David," Brandy waved, walking towards them.

Terrance chuckled to himself, knowing Brandy was only coming over to annoy David.

"Goodbye, Brandy." David dismissed her, moving away so he wouldn't be within arms reach. "Why do you always have to be where I'm at?"

"What y'all talking about?" Brandy asked, completely ignoring his question.

Terrance couldn't help but laugh. "Basketball."