BAIYOU

Author: Wendizzy   

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Parts: 32

Emotional trigger: maybe

Maturity level:  17+ (there are steamy scenes here)

Synopsis:

Book 1 in The Human Nature Series.When a new world government makes a plan to save the environment, Willow and her family are forced into a fight for their lives. With a pair of orphaned children set to be executed, they hit the road, willing to do whatever it takes to keep them safe. They end up in the one place the world won't follow them. The Bayou. Deemed uninhabitable after the dumping of toxic waste, the miles of murky swamp are filled to the brim with new wildlife unlike any seen in National Geographic. When alligators talk, fish have fangs, and a man named Croc is more animal than human, Willow will discover that sometimes lunacy is all a matter of perspective.

Review:

When I first read the description, it did not draw me in, I won't lie. It reminded me of adventure paranormal books I read as a kid, especially  the last paragraph of the description. I almost passed it over. You know how lots of books on wattpad are, right? With wonky plots and words that doesn't correctly  convey the story.  Its hard to strike gold. 

 "Is this going to be a good book with proper plot, character development and seamless writing or something just written to portray the  idea with 14 year old's vocabulary and texting slang?" (sorry) That preconceived impression is an instinctual habit that always strikes me first, whenever I read the synopsis of a book for the first time.

Fortunately, having read her previous works,  I consciously trusted the author to not let me down this time either and plunged in. Im glad I did. 

The book is unique, and interesting enough to finish in one go. Croc's character is endearing, making me laugh out loud without warning and one can't help but want to cheer him on. He is the right balance of  man and innocence, if that makes sense, fast  becoming my  favourite character as the book progresses. If Croc keeps things light,  Willow throws depth and sobriety into the novel.  It shows Willows issues and her growth as she slowly starts improving, gaining confidence and allowing herself to feel happy- enforcing that the surrounding environment and company, influential to a person's mental health. Each character in the story is strong in their own way, despite their problems and misgivings, they forge ahead and survive, they think about others and rather than stewing and . I think that was a good point I was reminded of, in the story. Its a good  read. If you're looking for something light, I'd recommend checking it out.

Wattpad's Reviews :

etsansmoi

May 1 

I'm speechless, but I'm going to try to put it into words. I've never been so glad that I took a second glance at a book title in my Wattpad recommend page tbh. I truly didn't know what to make of the description at first but this has truly been such a great book, so beautifully written, with so much depth, it has character development, twist , turns and it makes u fall in love with every single character ( except the obvious NO NO) ❤️❤️😩.

leenaa

April 30i love this book; i read it in the original and I liked it very much than you took it down and I read it again and than you took it down again and created this and I loved every version of the story ^^ the plot just got fuller and better and I really like what you made of it :)