Chapter 5

Friday, September 5th

Today was the first day for Y/N's and Jimin's project. For some reason, Y/N felt really jittery and excited as she began heading to school, taking the usual path while holding onto the straps of her backpack. She was a bit early to school, so she spent her time talking to Jihoon.

When the bell rang, they bid their goodbyes and both headed for their first classes which for Y/N was P.E. 

This week, Y/N had realized that she and Jimin have the same schedule and for every class, except for English, they sat together. Meanwhile, with Jihoon she only shared three classes, English, History, and Art, but she preferred this than nothing at all.

...

"Hello, class!" Mr. Lee greeted his class lively as he always would. "Today we are playing badminton, so please choose a partner and remember who your partner is because we are going to do this for our next class too. You have to form a team of two people, you and your partner. No groups of thee!" he warned, looking specifically at the three guys named, Namjoon, Seokjin and Hoseok before continuing his explanation.

 "Your team will get a number and another team's number, then you'll play against them. Once one of the two teams obtains 21 points, the game ends and that team has won. When the first match's over, you can just move on and play with another team. We'll keep on doing this until next class, so we can make sure that all teams had played together. Clear? Now, after choosing your partner, please write down both of your names on my laptop."

Mr. Lee set a two-minute timer and the gym bursted into loud jabber as people picked their partners. Y/N promptly turned her head towards Jimin, her doe eyes reminding him of apuppy as she stared at him, silently proposing to be together. 

He sighed at her adorable, large eyes and without saying anything, he grabbed her hand before walking towards Mr. Lee's laptop. "Partners?" he confirmed, already knowing the answer, but just making sure. Y/N nodded and Jimin typed down their names.

"Okay, now that everyone has written their names down, I'll tell you your numbers. Team 1 - Y/N and Jimin are going against Team 6 - Namjoon and Seokjin, you guys are playing at Net 1..." Mr. Lee announced, looking at the players that he had just mentioned before calling out the rest. 

Jimin and Y/N went to grab their rackets, snickering because they could choose whatever rackers they wanted since they were first. Jimin picked a blue and yellow racket, making sure that the black handle was intact and that it felt comfortable in his small hand. On the other hand, Y/N focused more on the colours and less how she felt about the feeling of the racket. She ended up picking a purple and almost plain one as she didn't like extreme designs. 

Holding hands was slowly becoming a habit of theirs as well as pretending that they didn't know because they were scared that the warmth would be gone. This applied to them as they made their way to Net 1, waiting for their opponents. "Jimin, I'm sorry, I forgot to tell you that I'm bad at badminton-"

"It's okay, I'm bad too. Let's not get upset if we lose..." Jimin cut off Y/N with a simper before she could accuse herself any further. Just at that moment, Seokjin and Namjoon approached them, not even bothering to hide their self-observed grins.

"Come on Jimin, you serve first!" Y/N said, passing him the shuttlecock. He caught it and gulped, feeling visibly nervous, Y/N gave him a thumbs up and he served. Despite all the effort that he had put into the serves, he missed both of them as they had landed outside of the court.

"What? Can't even do a decent serve? Monday you couldn't throw a ball and today you can't hit the shuttlecock with your racket?" Seokjin jeered, swaying his racket back and forth behind the shuttlecock as he aimed, preparing himself to serve. Namjoon tittered beside his friend, supporting his quote on quote 'savage' joke.