Chapter 20

Friday, September 19th - Afterschool

Jimin and Y/N were headed to Y/N's house and as they were on the way, a question popped up in Y/N's mind, "Jimin? Are your parents going to be there at tomorrow's party? Isn't it weird if they are there? But at the same time, how can they leave on their son's birthday?"

"If it's on a weekday, they celebrate his birthday with him and then the party is on the weekend. If it's on a weekend, they spend the first part of the day together and then leave at night before the guests arrive." Y/N nodded, feeling excited for Jihoon's birthday.

"We should write a report on how we've been doing so far... Mr. Yang said that by now we were already supposed to hand in at least two reports." Jimin laughed and gave her a nod. "My dad usually comes back home late on Fridays, ain't that sad?" she crowed as she opened the door with the silver keys.

They set up all of the things they needed as they usually do, both laptops on, a thousand tabs opened, even though both of them hated having many tabs opened at the same time. Y/N usually comes up with most of the ideas and Jimin types them down, sometimes he modifies or adds onto her ideas.

He was already seated on the floor with his email opened up, waiting for Y/N to dictate what to write for their report. "Okay, so, let's start with - Dear Mr. Yang, so far we, Jimin and Y/N have been doing really well with the project..." she waited for him to type down and then continued dictating.

"Dear Mr. Yang, so far we, Jimin and Y/N, have been doing really well with our project. We have already finished up our characters, so we know what their looks and personalities are like. We have finished our rough draft of the first chapter, so today we'll get started with our actual first chapter.

Sincerely, Park Jimin and An Y/N"

"Alight!" Jimin sighed and pressed the 'send' button. "Come on, let's get started with the first chapter!" he said switching to the google-docs tab and named the doc, 'The Jeon Twins, Chapter 1'.

They had a lot of fun writing, mixing their dope ideas together, making some sort of rom-com. They spent two hours and a half writing the first chapter and checking thrice for any mistakes. "I think I've hand enough of typing for today!" Jimin chortled as he held his stomach, even they've read the text three times, it still appeared to be funny.

"Same!" she looked down at her watch after laughing for the millionth time that day, "Oh, shoot, it's already 7:30 PM! Aren't you hungry? We didn't even snack before getting to work!" before Y/N's words Jimin didn't even know he was hungry, but after she reminded him of the existence of dinner, he felt ravenous.

"Yes, I just realized I've been starving all this time, but I was too immersed in our work," he said as he calmed down from his laughter, and turned off his laptop since he didn't need it anymore. "Do you want to try my cooking? Shall I cook for you?" he asked looking down, feeling a bit timid, but he always kept in mind the day when she comforted him and cooked for him.

"You can cook? That's awesome! I would love to try it!" the excitement and feeling of expectation for Jimin's cooking rushed through her veins.

They went downstairs to the kitchen and she watched him cooking, he was very attentive while doing his job. He made sure he sliced each piece of vegetables equally after washing them. Y/N took a moment to appreciate Jimin's rolled-up sleeves. She thinks it's attractive when guys cook and lift up their sleeves just below their elbow. "Take a seat, Y/N. It'll be ready in two minutes." she nodded and sat at her dining table. She was surprised by Jimin's preciseness and by his concentration, even though it was quiet, it was not awkward. He placed the dishes on the table before taking a seat in front of Y/N.