Chapter 9

Saturday, September 6th

Y/N was getting ready to go to the place where she was supposed to meet Jihoon. She wore a pair of jeans, accompanying them with a white shirt and a brown leather jacket. Glancing into the mirror and fixing her hair, she cleared her throat before sending Jihoon a voice message. "Hey, are you there yet? I'll be there in 10!"

"Hi Y/N! It'll take me a little longer, I'll be there in fifteen!" she listened to Jihoon's recording and sent an 'okay' emoji as a reply. Her small, black leather bag was draped over her shoulder as she made sure that she looked good for the nth time before actually leaving. 

When Y/N arrived at the cafe, she didn't go in just yet, she had decided to wait for Jihoon and head in together. Jihoon only made her wait for five minutes as he jogged up to her adorably. His blonde bags bounced on his forehead and his cheeks stretched intensely due to the bright grin that adorned his face. "Hi, Y/N!" he greeted her.

"Hi Jihoon!" she smiled brightly and both of them went to sit at a table outside, showing off the perfect biodiversity of the cafe's garden.

"Order anything! I'm offering!" Jihoon offered, pointing at the menu. Y/N nodded and scanned through the list of all the food and drinks.

After a few minutes, both of them were ready to order, so Jihoon called a waitress to assist them. "One ice-blended mocha with a slice of chocolate cake and a hot chocolate with waffles, please!" he smiled at the waitress as she left before turning to look at Y/N while leaning back into his chair. "Do you like amusement parks?"

"I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I'd say that it depends on the people I'm with and from my mood... why?" Y/N pouted cluelessly, making Jihoon's heart soar from all the daintiness. 

"What type of mood do you feel is right for an amusement park?" he snickered secretively, wanting to enjoy her obliviousness for a little more.

"Don't you think it's a bit obvious? Happy, excited, hype and energetic... I guess?"

"And what's your mood today? How are you feeling?" Jihoon bit his lip as he placed his elbows on the table and placed his chin in the palms of his hands, nictitating at her innocently.

"To be honest, today I'm feeling really ecstatic and enthusiastic! I love hanging out with you!" Y/N blushed lightly, her heart about to jump out of her chest from all the 'fluffiness' that she was feeling. Jihoon hid his face between his palms laughing his heart out from her childishness.

"Okay... then what type of people wouldn't make you feel as if going to the amusement park would be a boring thing?" Jihoon chimed, palming his chin once again.

"Mhhhh... probably with someone like you!" she replied, making Jihoon's endearment grow by a thousand of digits as he took out two tickets from his pockets. He fanned them over his face playfully. 

"Then would you go with me, today? I have a back-up plan, in case you don't-" 

Y/N stood up and ran to hug Jihoon who immediately hugged her back with zero hesitation. Her arms slid around his neck as she bent over to place her head over his, snuggling his cheek against his hair. "It's fine!"

...

With heavy stomachs from all the delicious desserts that they had devoured, they called a cab. Once they were seated, Jihoon turned to look at her with wide, puppy eyes. "I am sorry we have to take a cab, my car broke down."

"It's fine, but I'll pay on the way back, okay?" Y/N crowed at Jihoon's ridiculous apology, brushing her hand against his shoulder. He smiled as he scoffed, nodding even though he obviously wasn't fon of the idea of her paying for anything, not on that day at least.

After a few hours spent at the park, it was already seven PM and the sky had already turned into a darker shade of blue. Y/N and Jihoon sat on a bench as they lived their break from their last ride, the highest roller coaster in the whole park. "I had so much fun, Hoon!"

"Same!" he replied as she stared deeply into his eyes that were fulgurating with satisfaction and elation. "Come on, let's go, you told your dad you wouldn't be back late, right?" Jihoon grabbed her hand and caught another cab, this time allowing her to pay.

They both stood in front of Y/N's door surround by darkness as the only light that shone upon them was the one from her house's window. Her dad was probably doing the dishes or reading. 

"You should go, the taxist is waiting for you!" Y/N pointed at the car as she stood on the third stair made of stone outside her house. Jihoon leaned forward giving Y/N a peck on her cheek, instantly noticing how her mouth went agape and how the blood rushed to her cheeks. "See you on Monday!" he added, waving at her as he ran off.

Jihoon sat into the taxi once again and apologized to the driver for making him wait for so long. Shrugging it off the old man drover him to his house. Jihon thanked him for the ride and went inside, being greeted by his mother as soon as he had rung the bell. His mom quickly dragged him to the dining area and he took a seat at the table. "Wow, dinner was prepared just on time, haha!" 

Jihoon chuckled warmly as he placed the white cloth over his thighs, keeping the 'formalities' even through a family dinner.

"Yup! Now, tell us, where did you go? You were out for so long!" his mom inquired enthusiastically, noticing how her son smiled, feeling shy. "Did you go on a date? With who?" she squealed as if she were an excited fangirl.

Jimin who also sat at the dining table and just ate peacefully, shaped his attention up once a certain-someone was mentioned. Especially because her brother was mentioning her...

"It wasn't a date, but I like her... she is a new student at our school, her name's An Y/N!"

Jimin's eyes widened as Jihoon 'shamelessly' admitted his crush, snapping his neck towards him. "You met up with Y/N?!?" he exclaimed, placing his fork down and completely turning his body towards Jihoon. His parents and even Jihoon looked surprised to hear Jimin speaking voluntarily. "What did you do? Why did you meet her? Since when do you even like her?"

"What's wrong Jimin?" his dad raised a brow as he wiped his mouth with a tissue, "Do you perhaps know this Y/N-girl too?" Jimin just nodded without any solid reply, not wanting to share anything with his parents, contrasting Jihoon.

"She is going to come here next Friday..." Jimin suddenly remembered and decided to tell his parents in advance. "Y/N is coming because of a school project. Actually, she'll be coming really often since it's till the end of this school year... we decided that one week we'll meet at her house and the sequent here." 

"Wait!" Jihoon stood up hastily, looking at Jimin. "Y/N is your partner for our story-writing-end-of-the-year assignment?" Jimin nodded, "Dang, you're lucky..." he sat back down with a pout.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜