Chapter 11

Jimin and Y/N were peacefully eating as they sat under the very same tree where she sat with Jihoon. Suddenly both of their phones rang, startling them and making them jump in surprise. Y/N quickly passed Jimin his water bottle as he was chocking on his sandwich, making her chuckle. He felt somewhat proud of getting such a beautiful smile out of her, even if he felt discountenanced. 

They were eating so quietly that just the ringtone pf their phones startled them that much. Sharing a muddled glace, they checked their phones and without even reading the whole message, Jimin scoffed before placing his phone back into his pocket. "Wow! I didn't know Jihoon's birthday was so soon! It's next Saturday!" Y/N wowed in surprise, nodding to herself as she slipped her phone back into her pocket.

Jimin looked at her with a glower coating his face, feeling betrayed by Y/N's excited and enthusiastic smile. "Don't tell me you are planning to go to his party!" he turned his whole body towards her so suddenly that the cap of his hoodie fell off his face. She raised an eyebrow, looking at him with a befuddled look.

"Are you saying you are not going to your brother's birthday?" she asked as Jimin pulled his hoodie back on. When he didn't reply, she got slightly annoyed, so she grabbed his arm and pulled off his hoodie again. He looked at her, his frown not leaving his face, instead, his eyebrows pressed into each other more. "Answer me, please, I feel ignored..."

"Sorry," Jimin apologized, his eyes softening and his sharp facial features relaxed from the tension; now his frown was faint, but still 'alive'. 

"I don't attend his birthdays, not his, not anyone's, not even my own." h explained, his tone monotonous and frosty as if he was the upcoming, harsh winter itself. "He always throws these big parties with this loud, booming and repetitive music. So many people always show up and it's damn suffocating... I always go to a park and just sit there until three AM since they all usually leave at that time."

"Jimin?" Y/N chimed after processing what he had just said. "Can we go together?" Jimin opened his mouth widely and leaned back against the tree, bestowing disapprovement. "No, I mean, wait for a second..." she grabbed her phone and scanned through the message sent by Jihoon again, "He said it starts at 7:30 PM, can we go just for an hour? After that, we can leave? Mh?" she pouted as she clasped her hands together and looked at him with puppy eyes.

"Ugh, fine. I kinda hate you sometimes..." Jimin rolled his eyes, wishing it wasn't that easy for Y/N to convince him as she crossed her arms, looking away. "But I just can't say no to you..." Jimin added and a small smirk appeared on her face, "I have never really bought a present for Jihoon though, and I have no idea... no idea about what gift could I possibly give him.

Y/N's eyes widened due to the shock that rushed through her veins, noticing that Jimin panicked and spoke up once again. "Don't yell at me! I know I'm his brother and blah blah blah, but I actually don't know. I don't really talk with him, I have never even entered his room after I was eleven."

"It's okay, we'll find something for him. The most important thing is that you're coming," Y/N said hugging him, just the fact that she managed to persuade him to come was good enough for her. 

"But just for one hour, okay? Promise me!" Jimin whined and she simply nodded into his chest. "But... I was wondering... are you a party person? Because if you hate parties, it will be hard to survive there. It actually feels like a club rather than a house."

"Yeah... to be honest, I don't hate parties, like cosy and casual ones at home with friends and family. But those huge movie-like parties with hundreds of unfamiliar beings are just terrible. I wanna go because it's my friend's party, not because I am eager to actually party."

 Jimin wanted to be really selfish when it came to Y/N, but he was scared because, despite all those unfriendly and distant glances, he still learned to be extremely passive. He thought it would be fair if he would be selfish for once, think about it for a second, Jihoon has so many friends, but Jimin has only Y/N. 

Why did Jihoon have to be friends with Y/N and especially, why the hell did he have to like her? Jimin knew that it was pretty much thanks to his brother if he was friends with Y/N right now, but he still thinks it's unfair. After all, everything that Jimin ever wanted, was given to Jihoon even though he didn't necessarily need or want it.

All toys that Jimin wanted, wherever Jimin wanted to go, whatever he wanted to do was always given to Jihoon. He'd always come up with ideas of stuff he wished for, but those were always and I say always, done for Jihoon and Jihoon only.

After lunch, Jimin and Y/N got their books and went to their Korean class. The teacher was already there and all students came pretty quickly, filling in the classroom. 

"Okay students, by the end of this week, you guys should send me a report of how you've gotten started on your story so far. Also, please know that all the books you guys will write will be put into the school library and you'll have a possibility of your book being published." Mr. Yang announced, obtaining several and various reactions from his students.

Some wowed, others 'oohed' and others groaned.

"A publisher will visit our school after reading your books and have an interview with you to pick one or two books from each class. Of course, if you don't want your book to be published, you won't have to meet the publisher and we'll just put it into the school library. Now, let's go over some essential techniques to improve your writing." he smiled as the class fell into a complaint fit. 

...

As Jimin and Y/N headed to their last class, P.E, Y/N squealed in excitement. "Jimin? Can we publish our book, please, please, please? I think it's such a cool idea!" she begged whilst jumping excitedly as Jimin tried to restrain his smile from spreading all over his face.

"Sure. Let's work hard and make a good book!" he said in a serious tone as he tried really really hard not to smile. Both of them separated ways when they reached the changing rooms and met again after they were done.

P.E went by uneventfully and slowly, making Y/N and Jimin both feel bored. In fact, once the bell rung, signalling that school would be over for the day, they rushed out of the gym. After a quick change of clothes, Jimin and Y/N met outside the changing rooms until Jimin's eyes widened. "Y/N, I forgot my T-shirt in the changing room, I'll go get it, you can leave without me!"

"What are you saying? I'll wait for you!" Y/N waved her hand dismissively. He threw her a smile before dashing back to the changing room. As she waited, she took her time to clean up her messy locker when someone tapped on her shoulder.

"Hey, Y/N!" Y/N turned around smiling at the person that now stood before her.

"Hey, blondie! I haven't heard much from you today!" she said, ruffling his hair.

"Yeah... anyway, have you seen the message? Are you going to my party?" Jihoon asked with tons of hope for a positive answer.

"Yes, but I'm not staying till the end, I'll only come for an hour... I am sorry about that, I don't really enjoy big parties, I am simply coming because it's you!" Y/N winked, making Jihoon forget about the faint disappointed when she said that she was going to be there for such a short time. "I was able to convince Jimin to come with me!" 

Jihoon's heart dropped, was she going just because of Jimin and not him?

He knew he was selfish, but he though one last time...

He'll be selfish one last time. Y/N is the last thing that he'll allow himself to steal from Jimin like a coward. He knew Jimin had all the reasons in the world to act the way he does towards him, yet Jihoon complains about such attitude. 

Jimin, I am sorry, but just once more... after that, I will never, ever again take anything that is meant for you. Just this one time.

"Great then! Thank you" he said as he placed the strap of his backpack over his shoulder.

To be continued...

-Jɪᴍɪɴᴀɴᴅʜɪsᴊᴀᴍs 💜