4) where was my wife? HIS pov

After glaring at Samantha, as a way to almost say 'we'll talk about this later' I put her to one side my expression cold as ice, I paced to my office, took my phone out and called Sophie.

She didn't pick up. Understandable, she was still angry but if she sees this, I don't know how she would feel. Kevin ran into my office and informed me that the post was already uploaded and that thousands of screenshots had been taken so there would be no logical reason to waste resources on hiding the story. I read the headline and anger overtook me. All I could see was red. Marital problems! Wow, who had the nerve to write about me like that surely, they would not have a job let alone an office in the next 3 hours. I sent my lawyers down to confront them. Then I asked Kevin,

"If roles were reversed what would this situation be like," I ask him these kinds of questions all the time before he became my assistant, he was a therapist so he does deal good advice from time to time.

"If the roles were reversed it would be madame with her arms around another man looking rather jolly and you Sir would probably have felt betrayed, nay abandoned by a woman you never noticed. "

"Enough!" I couldn't help it. The thought of another man with Sophie, no that wasn't right. Although I don't want her that way for her in that regard it just did not make any sense, she was too loyal to me. She wouldn't even entertain another man's glare. But after today, discarding her ring like it meant nothing, would she?

"Sir, may I suggest something?" Kevin said as he fidgeted

"Sure."

"Maybe you should think of Miss Zilcar as your wife and forget about the contract, she could be..."

"kevin stop you know I can't"

"Sir, I hope you know that it was Miss Zilcar who defended your name to the shareholders. She used her contacts to raise equity for you to invest in Miss Samantha's idea however she thought it was yours."

"Kevin..." my voice trailed off as I was astonished, that deal was the one time i was at crosshairs with the enire board. I never knew how they came around but i remember Sophie always asking how the meetings went  but i brushed it off. What would an actress know about business.

"One more thing, Sir" Kevin called as he was passing through the door "You do not half deserve the effort or love that Miss Zilcar puts into tolerating you."

"Kevin. Sit down."

"I'd rather stand"

"It is not Miss Zilcar, its Mrs Cavelli," I said intending it to sound starn but it turned to a sigh at the end.

"The ring on your desk says otherwise" Kevin shot back. My eyes met his and he understood that he had crossed the line, slowly he left my office with worn-out smile.

After the meeting and constantly avoiding eye contanct with Samantha I sorted through all my paperwork, re-reading business deals and the latest R&D reports. Running the country's largest and most successful entertainment and tech company was hard work, and was more than ready to go home, when I thought I would call Sophie; she hadn't called to inquire upon the image in the press so I thought I had gotten away with it. Until she rejected my phone call for the third time today. This was unusual.

 A dark feeling surrounded me, then Kevin's words sprung to mind. Maybe I should stop bothering her and let her get on with her process of healing. As I was leaving the office Samantha stopped by and asked if we could grab dinner together as a way to apologise for the fiasco of today. I was starving and she was a family friend so I agreed but only on the grounds that we go someplace completely private. She agreed, her red hair loose around her shoulders reminded me of Sophie, I just wanted to see her. After dinner, I went to Sophie's apartment to find that she was not there. The receptionist said that they didn't see her so I called Riya, she confirmed that she had left to go home and had even picked up keys to go home. 

Panic hit me and I couldn't think straight where was my wife?