7) Eyes wide open

The sound of glass shattering woke the exhausted Sophie. The frail woman propped her head up and was taken back by the pungent smell of chlorine and disinfectant. The room was akin to a metal box, with only one window allowing a tiny glimpse of the outside world. Her light brown eyes were strong, stronger than they had ever been. With her hands tied to the back of a chair, she analysed her situation and grew angry. How did she allow herself to be so weak? The woman within her called out begging her to be her own saviour. Not to wait for a knight in shining armour. Shaking her legs, numbness alleviated, she stood waddling to the make-shift window and assessed how high up she was. She then threw herself against the iron walls breaking the wooden chair legs. 

"Well that wasn't a smart idea," she thought to herself as she was now left sitting on a wooden chair without the legs. She gave up, crossed her legs and sat on the floor.

Hearing the loud noise, the redhead ran in to find Sophie, peacefully meditating. she took a photo and sent it to him.

He replied, "Is she a hostage or on vacation? Do better Sam,"

Feeling embarrassed, her distaste for Sophie grew. She stomped her feet towards the beauty waking her from her trance. Feeling pity for the woman in from of her Sophie stood up but was thrown back to the hard floor. The redhead staring back at her while her hair illuminated a devilish glow. 

"Morning Samantha, how are you?" Sophie provoked.

"I feel just fine, you have a guest, he's been dying to see you." smirking at the end, she left the room. Sophie's breath faltered. That phrase, 'dying to see you', was one she dreaded. When he would say it she would hang up immediately and change her number. With the help of Kevin, she hadn't heard it in weeks. He had been the reason she was outcasted from her family. He was the reason she had retreated from the entertainment industry. He broke her. She wasn't like this before, weak and anxious. Sophie Zilcar was one of the greatest supermodels America had seen, her Korean background gave her oriental features and her porcelain skin would glow. She was about to break into the international scene when she met Dorian. She fell for his dark eyes and short straight hair. His speech was effortless and he could wrap her up in any story and with every one, she fell deeper and deeper. Until she understood that she was no longer the same person around him. Her heart didn't flutter and she was always walking on eggshells with him. Much like Adrian, his moods would fluctuate and she wouldn't be given the chance to input her own opinions. When she tried to leave him he fixed a wedding date. When she tried to run away she found Adrian and married him instead. Promising him that she would abide by any rules just begging that he helped her. Now she was no longer the silly little Sophie he knew. She was going to give him hell. A fire ran behind her eyes, ready to use the heartless attitude Adrian had for the last three months. 

She heard the subtle sound of dress shoes making their way towards her, she leaned back closed her eyes and almost on call her eyes turned down in sorrow, red with awaiting tears. He walked in and she couldn't help admitting that the aura around him was captivating. He knelt down and placed a kiss between her eyes. watching from the sidelines Samantha couldn't help but grow with envy, she thought he would shake her up or at least hurt a bit. But he just sighed, asked if she was hurt then left. She thought about how she could have time with Adrian now that Sophie would be out of the picture. As Dorian approached her he grabbed her by the arm,

"Good job, now we use Adrian to take the fall for her death."

"Death? I thought you would take her with you and leave."

"If I can't have her, nobody can," he said as he walked away.

Running she followed hurriedly, "Adrian can't take the fall, he can't."

The man turned on his heel, lowered his mouth to her ear, "It's simply too late, my love."

Sophie overheard the last part. The thought that Dorian wanted her killed was no surprise but implicating others? That was not like him. He didn't earn his reputation by giving his crimes to other people. Sighing she wondered what Adrian's situation was like,  how did she put him in danger this time? Looking outside the window she formulated a plan, waited till it got dark and jumped. Eyes open, not fearing the impact. Vowing never to close them out of fear, ever again.

Author's notes
Wow so only just seen that the story has been ranked
#391 in lovetriangles out of 28.9k stories -(8th may 2020)
This is amazing, 🥺🥰🥰
Thank you all for reading!
Endless love, SK.