First kiss | Chapter five

I wake up at 9 AM in the couch with a strong neck tension. I'm going to meet Sarah in 2 hours and I am so excited to see her. I try to organize my apartment a little but I cannot focus on anything else. I am eating breakfast when my phone starts to ring, it's my parents face-timing me and I pick up.

"Y/N? Where have you been? Do you know how many times we called you yesterday?" - they say and they look very worried and angry at me" I know, I'm sorry, my phone died. Everything's fine, I'm good" "But where were you?" my dad asked and they both seemed really interested in my answer "Out. I was applying for jobs... I went to dinner and then met someone, my phone died but I'm here now." "Who did you meet?" my mom asked. I don't wanna tell them about Sarah yet cause I have no idea where this is going, I don't even know if we are going to meet again after today but I also don't wanna lie so I try to cover the truth a little - "A woman named Sarah. We met at the restaurant and she was nice to me" "That's good to hear, my darling. It's refreshing to know you are ok and making new friends. Also, Y/N, I forgot to tell you but you know who called asking for you last week?" "No, who?" "Nicole" - she says and I freeze. That's my ex. Why the hell is she calling me? We broke up ages ago, I don't wanna talk to her - and my dad adds "AAAND your mom gave her your number. I told her not to but she did it anyway" "Mom, I don't wanna talk to her. Come on, I haven't seen her in years, there's no point at all in this. Why would you do that?" "Cause she said she wanted to talk to you about something and I felt bad for her. I'm sorry I hope you're not mad." "Actually I am pretty mad but that's fine, I can handle it. I gotta go cause I'm meeting someone for lunch" "Is it Sarah, the woman you talked about?" "Yep. I gotta go, I need to take a shower and clean some things up. Love you both, bye" "Bye darling, we love you too"

I hang up and I still don't understand what Nicole wants from me. Whatever it is she wants to talk about, I don't wanna hear it. She used to lived so close to my house and she never tried to come visit me after we broke up... - I took a deep breath. Anyway, I have better things in mind, I don't wanna think about any of this. Today's going to be a good day and I'm not letting anyone ruin it.

It's 10 AM, I put Rihanna's album 'Anti' to play again and I enter the shower. I don't even know how I'm supposed to dress to meet Sarah, I wonder what she'll be wearing though. I could stay in this shower forever, the hot water is really helping with my neck but I have to get dressed so I won't be late. I get off the shower, spray my favorite perfume on my neck and I decide on what to wear. I choose a black pair of jeans, a basic T-shirt and my canva shoes. I normally don't use makeup but I apply some blush on my cheeks and some mascara. I search for the restaurant's address on the internet and it's not very far from where I live, so I'm gonna go walking instead of driving. I spray some more perfume all over and leave.

I am standing in front of the restaurant, it's passed 11 and I am waiting for Sarah, when a black car stops in front of me and opens the door. It was her. She smiles at me "hey stranger, do you need a ride?" I giggle and enter her car. "Hi Sarah" "Hello beautiful" she says and winks at me. I blush and admire her. She looks so beautiful. She's wearing a white shirt with a black skirt and red lipstick, I see her hands on the steering and they look so soft. She notices I am looking at her and say "what?" "nothing" "then why are you staring at me like that?" "like what?" "I don't know, you tell me" - she laughs. "I'm not staring... you look beautiful, that's all" I say a little timid and she smiles. I touch my neck because it's hurting. "What's wrong, Y/N?" "I fell asleep on the couch last night and got myself a neck tension, but it's not a big deal" "are you sure? it seems to be bothering you" - she seems worried. "yes, i'm fine... so, will you tell me where we're going miss paulson?" I say and bite my lip. "noooope" she says with a funny voice while she was laughing.

"We're here. See, I wanted to take you to my favorite place but I can't. Well, not yet." - she looks at me with a slight smile and continues talking while she's parking the car "Cause you know, people would come and take pictures of us, ask questions about you and we wouldn't be able to talk" "I get that, it must be hard hiding from the media... but what do you mean 'not yet'?" "Nothing, just a guess" - She smiles "now come on Y/N, let's eat" she says and jumps out of the car.

It was a small and reserved restaurant. We ate our meals and it all went great, we talked about a lot of things. Sarah is very funny, she made me laugh a lot. We are back in her car again and she's driving me home. I keep looking at the details of her face and her arms - I can feel my heart beating fast again... I think I'm falling for her. I already liked her before but that was different, I was getting to know who she really is and it felt so good to be around her.

She stopped the car in front of my apartment and we stayed there for a while. We are both tense and I can't stop staring at her lips. I really want to kiss her. I touch my neck again cause it's still hurting and she says "here, let me help" - as she gently pulls my hair to the side, puts her hand on my neck and starts giving me a soft massage. I felt paralyzed by her touch - "does it hurt?" she asks me. "Yes" - I answer with a lower voice "am I making it worse?" "no, no... it's helping". Sarah comes closer to me and I can feel her breathing- "I can stop if you want"- she says almost whispering and becoming even closer. I look into her eyes and to her lips and then she kisses me.

I lost all my senses and I could feel every cell in my body agitated and craving for more. I look at her - "I'm glad you didn't stop" I said as I was gasping for air. She caresses my cheek and smiles - "Me too."