What Are You Talking About?

For about two minutes none of us were talking. I decided to break the ice.

Me: "So...John. How'd you meet Decie?"

John: "I knew her way back in high school, but we started to hang out in college."

Me: "Wait a minute...hang out??"

John: "Yea haha. In a friendly way. We're just best friends."

I gave him a look of skepticism and laughed about it. It was his turn to as a question.

John: "So, do you have a boyfriend?"

Me: "Yes, his name is—"

John: "—somehow similar to mine?"

Me: "What?" It surprised me how he knew that.

John: "John...ny? Maybe?"

Me: "H-How did you know?"

John: "You don't know this but, most of my relatives are fortune tellers, and very good ones. I was told I can tell a person's fortune, but nobody in my friends believed me, so I was known to be a trying-hard-fortune teller in college."

Me: "o-okay"

John: "I got a strange feeling the moment I saw you a while ago. That's why I asked Decie to introduce me to you."

The atmosphere was beginning to look even more awkward.

John: "Whatever you do, protect him. I sensed a feeling that something wrong is going to happen when you let him leave. The military is not a good place for him."

Me: "What are you talking about?"

John: "I just—"

I left my cola and John in the kitchen. How can he say something like that? The whole night I was nervous and anxious about Johnny.