Chapter 8: Babysitting Part 1

Roman's POV

The next morning I wake up hugging an unconscious Virgil from behind. No wonder he punched me when he woke up like this the other day. He turns his head slightly, oh shoot he's awake. "Hey, you finally woke up."

I quickly let him go and sit up. "Yeah, how long have you been awake?"

He shrugs. "No idea. You were blocking my view of the clock."

"You could've woken me up." I point out.

He sits up as well, "I could, but then I'd feel bad." My heart immediately jumps out of my chest, maybe he does like me! Or he just cares about his friend, he probably acts the same way with Patton.

In an attempt to hide my disappointment, I check the clock; 7:05. Most of the adults and older kids will be awake by now. "Welp, I'm gonna go get dressed before breakfast, see you downstairs?" He nods. I grab my letterman jacket, white t-shirt, and jeans from my bag and head to the bathroom down the hall. My gay ass can't handle seeing Virgil shirtless right now, so I figrued it'd be my best bet.

Once I get down to breakfast, I see mom setting out plates with some help from Virgil, Jake, and Christine "Oh, great, you're all down here! I was wondering if you four could watch the kids?" She asks hopefully.

"Depends, which ones?" I say suspiciously. If she tries to pin us with Jesse or Sasha, I'm gonna get a chancla (Sandal) to the face for the protest I'd give.

She waves my question off. "Don't worry, I was hoping you guys would watch the little ones." That was fine by me. Virgil already likes Michael, Preston gets tired easily, and Jamie absolutely loves me. So, aside from kids being hard to handle in general, it should work out fine. I don't need another near death experience after yesterday.

"That'll work, but what are you guys gonna be doing?" Jake asks.

"We've got some last minute Christmas shopping to do, so the rest of us are gonna be out." Mom responds while drying her hands on a towel.

The four of us agree, and sit down to discuss our plans for the day. Christine immediately leans forward. "Alright, how do we plan on keeping three little kids entertained all day?"

We cycle through several suggestions; bowling, mini golf, and laser tag. Eventually, Virgil speaks up. "We could go ice skating? I'm pretty sure I saw a place advertising it on the way here."

"Virgil, that's perfect!" I exclaim, throwing my arms up dramatically.

"I'm guessing you mean Alton's Ice Rink?" Christine asks when I quiet down, receiving a nod.

"It never gets really cold in Florida, so I'm sure the kids would love it." Jake agrees.

"Well, I think it's settled then." I decide, only now noticing that other people were joining us for breakfast. Thankfully, there are no food fights this time.

After breakfast, the majority of my family leaves for the shops. Jake picks up Jamie and Michael, with Preston on his back and shouts. "Who wants to go ice skating?!"

Of course, this brings an uproar of "We do!"s from the kids. We get them all dressed up warm enough in preparation for the soon-to-be-frosty environment, and head to the rink. I take my car with Virgil and Michael. Jake and Christine take Preston and Jamie in Evan's car.

Alton's Ice Rink has been open since the beginning of time. The walls were a faded gray, but that didn't discourage people in town from stopping by every once in a while. Once you pay the entrance fee and get your skates, you're hit with the blast of the AC system. A couple benches and concession stand are sat outside the rink itself, allowing people to safely get in and out of their skates.

"Hey, I'm gonna go rent some of those walker-things for the kids, can you help?" Christine asks me.

"Can't you get them yourself?" I swear I will never understand girls.

She gives me her signature "I dare you to say that again look" before smiling, "Depends, do you want me to tell Remus about you being the one who broke his phone five years ago?"

Damnit. "Let's go."

While we're standing in line to buy the walkers, Christine 'casually' starts a conversation. "Sooo, you and Virgil aren't dating are you?"

Oh shoot.

A/N: Welp, chapter's done, and I just listened to my 14 year old sister sing the Sofia the 1st theme FoUr TiMEs.