Chapter 21: The End?

Virgil's POV

I wake up on the couch, Roman's arms around me. Every other member of Ro's family is also on the couch, aside from his mom and aunt, who are probably making breakfast. I kiss him lightly on the cheek, before slipping out of his arms. Sure enough, Mrs. Prince and Aunt Taylor are making eggs and muffins. Wait...did I just call her Aunt Taylor? ...Moving on.

"Hey, Virgil, is everyone still asleep?" Mrs. Prince asks quietly.

"Yeah," I whisper back. "Can I help with anything?"

Mrs. Prince looks honored, placing a hand on her chest. "You are too sweet, if you could set the table that'd be great." I nod, grabbing some plates off the counter and putting them on the table. Next, I look through a couple drawers for the silverware, not actually knowing where it was.

Soon after the table was set, people started waking up. We eat the homemade sausage egg McMuffins over the split, hard to follow, conversations that were common with this family. "It was nice meeting you two," Evan says to Janus and I, "Sucks that it's already the last day we'll be here." Oh right, it's the 27th.

"Yeah, you guys better bring your boyfriends to the next family holiday," Christine threatens, pointing her fork at Roman and Remus.

"Ma'am yes ma'am," They say in unison, giving a mock salute. "Hey! Don't copy me! Shut up dumba$$! According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly! DAMNIT!! The twins yell.

"Hey, there are kids around," Mr. Prince jokingly warns.

I laugh into my hand, as the conversation resumes around me, "I can't decide whether I hate him or not," Roman mutters, shaking his head.

"I'd assume that's the curse of twins," I reply.

"Damn gay," He reponds, nodding.

After breakfast, we all go to our respective rooms to pack, since we'll be leaving around noon. Honestly, I'm kinda sad to be going. Actually spending Christmas with a family as large and caring as Roman's was really fun. Now I have to go back to hell, why did I want a Bachelor's degree again?

We each grab our own bags, throwing in chargers first. "Imma be honest, I had a lot of fun on this trip, aside from the almost drowned part," I say as I grab my sketchbook.

"I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm just happy we actually got together," He replies.

"You're so cheesy, you know that?" I retort. If he's gonna be this sweet and genuine all the time, then I've gotta prepare myself for that sh!t.

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, "But you love me anyway."

"Idiota," I say with a smirk.

"Is that the only word in Spanish you know?" He asks.

"No, I looked up what 'carino' meant after we got together," I admit, causing Roman to blush slightly.

"Great," He says sarcastically. "Just remember; you still have to be in a car with me for eighteen hours straight, so watch it," He warns me.

"We're not straight," I point out.

He rolls his eyes, going back to packing, "Haha,very funny." We finish packing up, and make the bed. "I really don't want to leave," He admits.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Even though my family can be a bit, much, I'll see you less. We only have a couple of classes together, and we aren't roommates," He explains, pouting like a child.

"C'mon, let's go spend some more time with everyone, because as soon as we leave you'll complain about missing them too," I say, dragging him downstairs by the hand. Most of his cousins are already down here, talking around the kitchen island or in the living room.

We end up talking with both groups, until Mrs. Prince comes downstairs. "Alright everyone, pictures!!" Everyone groans. I shoot Ro a confused glance.

"Every family get-together, mom makes us all take a picture together," He explains.

"Oh. Greeeaaatttt..."

"You don't sound too excited there," He states, looking at me suspiciously.

I shrug, "I don't really like pictures being taken of me that much."

"It'll be fine," He says reassuringly as we go out on the porch for "better lighting."

Once Mrs. Prince positions everyone, Stephen gets the camera-countdown thing ready. Once he starts it, he rushes over into his designated spot. Roman wraps his arm around me, smiling brightly. The camera beeps quietly, signifying that the picture has been taken, and before anyone is allowed to move, Lisa inspects the picture. "Looks good, you're free to go," She says to all of us.

After the picture, everyone gets their bags, bringing them downstairs. The younger kids leave their bags next to their parents' while the older kids just leave them wherever. Roman hugs every member of his family, giving them "goodbye"s as he goes. I get pulled into several hugs by Mrs. Prince, Christine, Remus, the youngest three, and even Jake.

"Welp, you ready?" I ask Roman, seeing him staring off into space.

"As I'll ever be," He responds, smirking. He takes my hand and we go out to his car. After loading up our bags, we hop in and he starts the engine. He pulls up his "Musical Masterpieces" playlist. He leans over and kisses me before hitting play, and pulling out of the driveway.

"How do you think Patton and Logan will react to us actually dating?" I ask as we drive out of the wooded area.

He laughs, "With a lot of squealing and a 'Good for you.'"

A/N: Omg this is the last actual chapter and I'm actually crying. Also, I cannot say how happy I am that I reached 1k reads before finishing this! I'll probably post another Author's Note chapter after this because...

*drum roll*

I'M WORKING ON ANOTHER BOOK!!! I'm pre-writing a few chapters first because they take longer for me to write. More information will be in the final note