Chapter 23- Division

"Ms. Knox, we have arrived."
Rose shot awake, banging her head on the roof of the car. She rubbed the top of her head, easing the pain. She looked around, the smell of leather filling her nose. The sun shone on her face when the man opened his car door, getting out. Rose opened her door, getting out of the cramped car. She reached for the sun, stretching her stiff body. She looked at the building in front of her, a helicopter landing on the roof. The man started walking towards the door, and Rose ran to catch up.
"So Stark's here?" Rose questioned the man.
"Yes, but you will not be meeting with him right away. He is currently meeting with Steve Rogers, who was just arrested for obstruction of justice along with Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, and Prince T'Challa of Wakanda," the man said to Rose as they entered the building.
"Are the other three here?" Rose asked.
"I am not allowed to tell you where they are located, my apologies Ms. Knox," the man stated.
"Don't call me Ms. Knox, you're older than me. What do I call you?" She said shivering at the sudden burst of air conditioning as they closed the door behind them.
"My apologies Rose, you may call me Mr. Davis," the man replied with a smile.

Mr. Davis was leading Rose to a elevator when Rose froze. She caught a glimpse of a face she recognized, and turned to get a better look at them. On the other side of the main level, a man was walking into a hallway. The same man had done psychological evaluations on her during her time in Hydra. Rose couldn't move, her body not responding to what her brain wanted. Her chest felt heavier and heavier, her heart beating faster and faster. It felt like a drum slowly getting louder and louder inside her own mind. Naturally her lungs expanded and compressed faster than before.
"Why is he here? Why must he be here? I need to stop him, I need to tell someone. What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? Think think think."
"Ms- Rose this way."
"Move move move move move. Why can't I move? Is this fear? Why now? I have to stop him, I can't let him leave my sight."
"Are you ok? Should I call someone?"
"Dammit 6025! Get over yourself!"
"You are heading the wrong direction miss, the elevator is this way."
"There we go scaredy cat, finally got your legs moving. Now go faster and faster, I have to put an end to his plan."
"Hey! You can't go that way! Somebody stop her!"
"Ignore these people and run, they don't understand the danger we are in."

Rose found herself following the path the Hydra agent walked. She ran down a hallway, seeing a sign saying "West Wing Containment Cells."
"Stop right there or we will open fire!"
Rose turned around, seeing a small group of security guards pointing pistols at her. Rose looked to her left and right, the hallway splitting down two dark corridors.
"Shit! Left or right? I don't know where he went!"
"You have three seconds to stand down!"
"Make a choice, make a choice!"
"Three!"
"Left or right, left or right?!"
"Two!"
"I'm thinking dumbasses, shut up!"
"One!"
Then, the lights cut out.

Darkness encased Rose and the guards, everyone going silent. The entire building lost power. For a few minutes nobody moved, waiting for power to return. Rose heard the guards get attacked by someone, and their bodies hitting the floor. The lights slowly turned on, revealing Bucky Barnes standing a few feet in front of Rose. His face was stern and cold, determined to complete some sort of goal. The guards were on the ground, Rose not being able to tell if they were alive or dead. Rose reached into her back pocket slowly, and pulled out her black mask. She carefully put it on her face, and pulled out her knife.
"Subject 0625, stand down," a man's voice said.
The man who Rose was chasing stepped into the light. He held a book with a dark red leather cover. Rose didn't respond, simply holding her knife tighter.
"The Winter Soldier went rouge, I simply said a few words to get him back under control. I believe we can do the same with you," the man said as he stepped closer to Rose.
Rose wanted to fight, but something inside her kept her from moving. The man approached her, a cruel smile creeping onto his face. The Winter Soldier stood, waiting for an order from the man.
"I believe I never introduced myself, I am-."
"Zemo," Rose interrupted.
"So she can talk," Zemo said as he circled around Rose, scanning her body up and down with his eyes.