NEW NEIGHBOURS

"I really don't want do to this dad" I sigh holding a basket full of cookies and fruits and different wines and sparking waters.

"It's a nice thing to do lela we haven't had new neighbours in years" my fathers says looking through the basket more worried about the display of it then his own daughter

"Why isn't Davies coming with me" I sigh now placing the basket on the kitchen island from my arms aching

"Your brother is busy with work it won't take you long lela now please go" my father says giving me the look of death as I huff before taking the huge basket next door.

We haven't had new neighbours since my parents first moved here we are the first house of the "water spring" estate and to our left was always an older couple Frank and Gill they once had there children also but they moved when I was young and Frank and Gill finally decided to do the same and move to Hawaii to be with there son.

It's a change having new neighbours......

My breathing gets heavy as I walk up the drive to the house this huge basket not helping in weight as I see boxes outside the house.
Part of me just wants the put the basket on the floor and walk away but someone my father would find out.
Don't get me wrong I love my father but it's his way or no way.
It's definitely a mans world for me

I knock on the door putting the basket on the floor before a middle aged lady opened the door with beautiful bobbed hair slicked straight a gorgeous bright blonde the sun shinning on it making it almost look like it's sparkling she is a petite lady slightly taller than me with dark brown eyes and a few wrinkles forming on her eyes.
She is wearing a tight fitting long black dress that fits her prefect and black heels.

"Oh hi I am lela I live next door sorry is this a bad time" I say looking around at the boxes all on the lawn.
"Oh gosh no don't worry lovely to meet you lela I am Samantha" she says extending her arm out for me to shack and I notice all the expensive rings and bracelets on her.
"Please come in my husband will get the basket don't worry" she says as we both let out a light laugh
"Lorenzo hunny" she shouts while leading me into the kitchen.

the house is similar to ours just slightly different layout with the living room to the right and a study inside of it and a bigger kitchen to ours to the left and a small dinning space area. It still has the older aesthetic that Frank and Gill has to it but you can already see where they have painted and changed things.

"Sorry about the mess" she says before going into the living room. I let out a small smile at her small talk and some what embarrassment of me seeing her not finished house.

I can see that she prides herself on her image and what others think.

"Don't be silly you only just moved in I think it looks lovely so far" I say taking a seat opposite her as she pours me a cup of tea from a dark grey tea set that you can see is going to match the kitchen and all the machines in the kitchen as everything has a dark grey theme.

"Sam who the hell left this basket outside" a male voice says making themselves present carrying the basket I gifted into the living room before dumping the basket down.
"Lorenzo this is Lela our neighbour she got us that lovely basket" Samatha says smiling far to much a me and looking at her husband with a dark look of disgust of him.

I then look up at the man who has just walked in this
Lorenzo.....
He has dark features the opposite of his wife he has dark messy hair with a slight curl dark blue eyes and a dark stubble/bread what accentuates his age more wrinkles around his lip area that is covered by thick stubble. He is wearing a dark black top and blue jeans that have white and grey paint all on them and big working boots with dust on them.

He eventually looks up at me a small smile on his face "sorry lela nice to meet you" he says walking over and taking my hand small Veins on his arm that don't go unnoticed by me.
"Lela that means black beauty" he says stepping back lifting his right eyebrow slightly.
"Yes it does" I say taking a sip of my tea
people don't often know that he nods back at me
"Well I better carry on" he says before kissing his wife lightly before looking back and smiling at me then leaving
I sit for a few more minutes having general conversation with Samantha letting her know about the area sites to see good park walks.
"Well I better be going" I say placing my cup down and standing Samantha doing the same and showing me to the door. An elegance when she walks to the door.
"It was lovely to meet you lela" she says as we both smile at each other As I leave I see Lorenzo in the garage moving boxes in and out of the house.
"Lovely to meet you" I shout and wave poking my head slightly in the garage as he turns back to face me
"Yes indeed" he says an accent of some sort showing more in his voice Italian maybe Spanish I turn away before walking back to my house.

When I arrive the house is silent as it always is I have only really noticed the silence in the house till this year I didn't want to go to college or start a job yet.
I don't fully know what I want
So I took a year out having a father with money often has it perks......

My father owns and runs the miller bank company what's big in California and our area my brother has been working for my dad since he was young so he can eventually take over the family business.
My brother the eldest and male he will have more power.

I walk towards the kitchen collecting ingredients for dinner chopping up carrots and peppers for when Davies and father are home.
I can't help but let my mind fall back to the neighbours.
To Lorenzo........

Thank you for reading the first chapter I hope you enjoy it's all sweet for now😉
Let me know your thoughts xoxox