A PHOTOGRAPHER

I lay in pure white sheets of silk my dark brown hair all over the pillows my dark brown eyes perfectly matching my hair open up bright.
My father and brother moving about the house the sound of the shower and pots and pans.

I slip into my white silk robe walking down to see my father on the island eating breakfast.
"Morning" I say kissing his cheek and pouring myself a cup of coffee
"Morning my beauty will you be painting today" my father says yet leaving more attention on the newspaper
"Yes as always I may go out for a walk also get some inspiration" I say while washing my fathers dishes for him and my brothers who are left on the side for me to wash.

"Let's go dad" Davies says getting a quick coffee and patting my fathers back as they both leave both kissing my cheek before they leave.
Showing me they care.

I get dressed into a black midi dress and black sandals putting my medium length hair in a short pony my fringe pieces falling down my face.
I don't often wear make up I like my freckles to show wearing make up covers them.
Mascara is my best friend
I walk from my room down the hall to my art room my father made me a few years ago I spend all my time here.
It's a bright white room with a huge window as soon as you walk in showing off the garden and the fields and stretch on for days.
I open the windows letting fresh air in and taking the paint scent away.
The room is plain and simple a wall filled with drawers of paints and pencils different ways to draw.
And on the other wall many different coloured and sized canvases for me to use.
And my table on the wall of the window what's a mess of paints and paper.
I look around for my camera before finding it and walking outside to get some inspiration for my next art piece.

When walking out of the house I notice a young boy next door with dark blonde hair.
They have a son?
When the child turns to look at me you can see Lorenzo in his features his dark blonde hair slightly overpowering Samanthas bright blonde hair making it darker. And his dark blue eyes piercing as he looks at me.
"Hi I am mateo" the young boy says to me as he runs over to the small fence separating our front gardens
"Hi Mateo I am Lela" I say walking slowing to the fence
"You are really pretty" he says looking away I let out a small laugh at his cuteness
"Well you are so handsome" I say as he looks back at me with a big smile
"Leave the poor girl alone Mateo" his thick accent when he says his sons name. As he walks out of his garage.

His accent

"She is my friend"he says looking back death staring his father as me and Lorenzo both let out a small laugh
"Sure she is but Lela is busy your mother is shouting you for dinner" he says now coming closer and leaning down to his son
Why does he want him to leave? Does he not like him talking to him? Does he not like me?
"See you around mateo" I say waving as he turns around waving back at me.
Me and Lorenzo both looking at him walking into the house.
He is close to me now just a fence between us.
He feels to close

"Sorry about mateo he gets excited about new stuff" he says now looking at me the first time we have properly made eye contact
And it's too much
"Oh it's fine he's very confident" I say
"Yeah gets that from his mother" he says rubbing his temples as we both let out a almost forced laugh
Silence fills the air
An Uncomfortable one he just looks at me. We just look at each other.
"Well I better get going" I say lifting my camera up trying to stop the silence he smiles back at me I turn away walking down my drive.

"Are you a photographer" he almost shouts not moving from the fence
"Oh no I am not that good are you" I say a laugh leaving my lips
"Yes I am" he says no emotion and I feel awkward now I nod before turning away and going to the park taking pictures of anything and everything. To try and find inspiration for my next painting.
I let the warm air flow through my skin not being able to focus after seeing him.
His beautiful
His features the darkness the power he holds when he just walks he would be amazing to paint to draw being able to put this features down.
Is it odd I am thinking this? No I just see beauty. Right?

I spend the rest of the day in my painting room trying out different paints and colours for the picture of the flowers I decided to paint.
When I see the time it's 5pm
They will be home and they will want food.
I rush downstairs before preparing a lasagna with a big side salad.

Dinner time the only time I fully get to see my brother and father they are always so busy its always been like this.
"How were your days" I say taking a sip of red wine.
"Busy as always" says my brother while tapping on his phone.
Me and my brother use to be close really close maybe even too close.
He was the only person who really got me.
Once he started helping my dad he had no time for me or anyone he is constantly working.
Or fucking.

"This lasagna needed more meat Lela" my father says smiling as if he is trying to be nice
I know he isn't
"Sorry dad I will add more next time" I say returning the smile before washing there plates as they both leave my father to his office and my brother to the living room.
No thank you then.

I clean the kitchen before sitting down with my brother watching some action film my brother on his 5th beer.
"Have you meet the new neighbours yet" I say trying to make conversation
"Yeah me and dad said hi to the wife this morning she leaves the same time as us" he says taking a sip of his beer
"She's fit for an older lady I would fuck her" my brother says looking at me
"Don't be disgusting" I say taking his empty beer bottles outside to the trash

I walk down to the bin before seeing a figure walking my heart racing.
Am I going to die.
"Evening Lela" his accent so strong as his tall figure comes to display his camera around his neck in a big coat.
"Is it Spanish" I say bluntly
"Your accent" I say correcting myself a small smile on his face
"Yes it is I am from Spain" he says now walking up to where I am
God he is beautiful
"Samantha her voice isn't like yours" I say confused
"Samantha is from here we met in Spain" he says I nod back satisfied at his answer
"You been taking pictures" I say pointing to his camera
"Yes trying some things out at night I went down to the park area it's lovely Samantha said you told her about it" he says looking at his camera then me
"Oh yes it's lovely there she was asking about good walks and things" I say
"Yes it is" he says smiling happy with his outcome

I walk back inside my cheeks slightly red
I am nervous?
My brother is now upstairs leaving a huge mess in the living room what I clean before going upstairs to bed on my way walking to my fathers office seeing him working hard on his laptop.
"Night" I say kissing his cheek his hand holding my arm as he kisses my cheek
"I love you Lela" he says I nod back taking his dishes and putting them away.

I think he says he loves me to make me feel better.
I love you for cleaning the dishes preparing our food cleaning the house and keeping up with your alcoholic brother.

Thank you again for reading I would love to know your thoughts and feelings.
Xoxoxo