ELEVEN - right hook

ELEVEN —— right hook

Overcast skies melted into the dull sea, a vast landscape of greys and blues

Overcast skies melted into the dull sea, a vast landscape of greys and blues. The pale yellow of the morning sun hid behind clouds, but the temperature was still high, thickening the air and rendering it muggy. Aboard Heyward's boat sat the Pogues, well-rested from their night spent on the hammocks. Bee had awoken nestled under JJ's arm and she was quite certain the flustered blush still hadn't left her cheeks. He seemed to be quite proud of himself, too, a cheeky grin cast her way every once in a while.

"Alright, JJ, pin it here," said John B. They had finally reached the general area of where the shipwreck was supposed to be and began preparing to send the drone into the depths of the ocean. John B held the drone over the lively water and glanced around at Bee, Pope and Kiara — JJ was steering the boat from the helm. "Ladies and gentlemen, to going full Kook."

"To going full Kook," Bee agreed, leaning over the edge of the boat and watching the drone disappear beneath the water's surface.

Everyone moved quickly to do their assigned jobs. Bee was to keep track of how deep the drone went, while Kiara was feeding the line and trying to keep the drone from drifting too far. Pope controlled the drone, John B held the GPS, and JJ steered the boat. Everything was planned to be as seamless as possible.

"Alright, JJ, we're right over it," said John B. "Ten seconds north-west."

"Got it," JJ said. Bee glanced behind her into the cabin where he stood and saw that he was engrossed in his assigned task.

"Bee, how much so far?" asked Kiara.

Bee hastily returned her gaze to the thick cord. "One hundred feet."

Pope gasped and everyone's eyes snapped toward him. Bee had to remind herself to stay put so she could keep an eye on the numbers flying by on the tether. John B leapt over to Pope and studied the screen, which was a live feed streaming directly from the drone's camera.

"What's up?" Bee asked, glancing back and forth between Pope and the unraveling cord.

"It's nothing," Pope said, shaking his head. Bee slowly nodded at the same time John B let out a disappointed sigh.

"Don't do that to me, man," said JJ from the cabin, equally as disappointed.

"And to quote The Hobbit," Pope said after shaking the nerves out of his shoulders, "'Down, down, to Goblin Town. Down, down, you go, my lad.'"

"Geekin' out," teased Bee with a playful grin.

Pope shrugged. "It's a good book."

"Bee, update?" asked Kie, eyeing her friend.

Bee scanned the cord until she found the bold, black numbers. "Four hundred!"

"The tide's turning," warned Kiara.