The End (7/7)

Flowers reflected the soft sunlight of the rising sun, glowing golden in the warm rays. A small group people gathered around two gravestones, tears flowing freely down their cheeks.

They'd lost more than anything could ever amount to.

Two students.

Two friends.

A son.

Quiet sobs echoed across the bright horizon, filling the quiet cemetery with the sounds of grief. Just like his father, and his grandfather before him, Jojo had give his life to save the world.

Caesar had upheld the Zeppelli tradition- had upheld his family's honor. Even though it meant dying.

The crowd found small comforts in knowing they would be together, wherever they went.

...

Two figures stepped from a car near the grieving group, sharing a glance.

The taller one stepped forwards, grin stretching across his face as he stepped closer to the small group of people. The other one rolled his eyes as hands covered eyes.

"Guess who?" he chirped lightly. The whole group fell still, slowly turning to where the two men stood.

The brunette grinned widely, blue eyes sparkling. The Italian shook his head in irritation, though there was a smile on his lips.

No one moved for a long moment. Then,

"Jojo?"

... Joseph POV...

I smiled brightly, meeting Granny Erina's gaze as it widened into a grin.

"No other."

She watched me for a long moment, tears pooping in her eyes.

A yelp escaped me as she grabbed my ear and pulled me down.

"Owwwe Granny!"

"Why didn't you let us know?!" she hissed, eyes glinting behind her glasses.

She let me go and I pulled back, rubbing my ear sourly. Caesar laughed quietly, emerald eyes light as he watched us. His attention split, though, tracking to Lisa Lisa as she approached him, eyes softening. Their conversation droned on in the background as I explained,

"We didn't have any money. What we did have we saved for tickets."

She stared at me, then shook her head. She gave me a weak smile.

"I'm glad you're safe," she said quietly.

...

Warm light pooled on the carpet, the curtains swaying in the light breeze.

My gaze settled on the figure on the balcony, letting out a soft breath. He turned his head a little as I approached him, slipping my arms around his waist.

"What do we do now?" I asked softly, resting my chin in his hair. I could tell he was mildly irritated, though not enough to push me away.

"I was thinking of heading back to Italy," he mused, fingers tapping on the railing. I tightened my grip on him, and he let out a light breath of annoyance, pulling my hands from his waist. I just put them back, though lightened my grip.

"And if I wanted to stay here in New York?" I asked. I could feel his frown though his body.

"Then I guess you stay here in New York."

I didn't much like where this conversation was going, and the tightness in his body was beginning to make me nervous.

"And when would I see you?" I asked. He let out another breath.