Sick (3/3)

...Caesar POV...

I woke up with a start as something slid along my thigh, digging into the muscle there. My eyes popped open, fingers already curling into the offender-

Oceanic eyes blinked up at me through a half-lidded gaze, tousled brown hair alit with gold tips. 

It was at that exact moment that Suzie decided to step in. 

We were both dazed with sleep, fevers raging as she yelped, dropping the tray. Reflexes alone saved me, fingers pinning a shard of ceramic between them, hamon crackling as it stopped it from piercing my face. 

Suzie flushed heavily, turning a shade almost as dark as the quickly staining carpet. Jojo pulled himself up further, fingers digging into my thigh as he used it to push himself up. His body slid against my back, though he stopped with his legs curled around me, just sitting next to me. His eyes were glazed, face flushed with fever. He looked worse than he had an hour ago. 

Or...

Was it an hour ago?

My gaze slid to the clock, noting the time. Not that it much helped, as I didn't remember what it was before I fell asleep.

Suzie's rushed apologies finally breached my thick head, and I blinked heavily as Jojo said,

"Don't worry, sweetie." 

He gave her a wink, though the effect was diminished as his elbow buckled, his chin heading right for my knee. 

I caught him with an ungraceful slump, my temple cracking against his shoulder. Our force cancelled each other out, and we both slumped there for a moment, still too sick and exhausted to move. 

Suzie had picked up the shards of ceramic, though neither of us were paying attention to her. A dull panic stung at me as I realized I was sliding, though he was too. 

The door shut, and I blinked at it with bleary eyes as I braced myself. Jojo was too far gone though, tipping over and hitting the carpet with a soft thud. 

"I feel like shit," he moaned finally. My arm ached, so I let myself down, uncaring where my head ended up. 

A soft gurgle against my ear told me where I'd landed. 

"And yet you can still eat," I murmured, cold hand coming up to press against his burning chest. He hissed at the contact, though I just slipped my fingers under his loose crop-top, pressing them to the indent between his toned pecs, humming lightly at the warmth on my skin.

"Shit, Caesar," he hissed, wiggling to get the freezing object off of him. 

"Fermati," I mumbled. "It'll warm up eventually."

Apparently expending even that little of energy had exhausted him. My back was beginning to ache from slouching on the hard floor, though Jojo had it much worse, and he wasn't complaining. Which was surprising. 

"Caesar-chan?" he asked faintly. I blinked open my eyes to peer at him. "Can I move to the bed?"

And the time in which he wasn't complaining had come to an end.