Birthday! UwU

...Caesar POV....

(Happy Birthday Baby Boi!)

Faint sunlight drifted through the courtyard as I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. The ground was just a few thousand feet below, the grass swaying faintly in the breeze. I didn't dare readjust my position, knowing that to do so would be the end of both me and my pride.

A faint sneeze echoed next to me, and I opened one eye to peer at the man balancing next to me.

An expression of wide panic raced across his features, and I closed my eyes with a near-silent groan. The idiota had gone and done it again.

My body tensed as I prepared myself, the hamon-filled rope beneath me shaking as Jojo's end slid off it's perch.

He yelped, grabbing into it as his body swung, his weight dragging me down. I cursed at him, managing to swing myself around- legs wrapping around the pole to catch me as the thin rope slipped, going slack as my ripple faded from it.

Jojo screamed, voice reaching higher than my ears cared to hear as he tumbled towards the ground below. My fingers brushed his, locked around his wrist.

A dull sting of satisfaction washed through me as he slammed into the pillar below me with a pained grunt. It served him right.

I let out another sigh as Messina glanced down at us from his comfortable pose on the top of the pillar. His disapproval was obvious, and I prepared myself for another reprimand. This was the second time today.

I arched my back to glance at the man hanging onto me, his cries of,

"Caesar don't let go- don't you dare let go," mixing in the back of my head. Of course I wasn't going to let him go.

My body was stretched nearly to the limit, legs locked around the pillar, spine arched so that my shoulders pressed into it. I hung upside down, the blood rushing to my head in a most uncomfortable manner.

Another sigh escaped my lips as Messina opened his mouth, no doubt to give us another punishment. I mumbled, cursing at Jojo for his stupidity as I waited to hear what we were going to have to do.

Run laps around the island, sharks chasing at our heels?

Or perhaps navigate the spike pit while our trainers threw fire, gas, and other assorted weapons at us?

I closed my eyes, blowing out a breath as I heard his voice.

"You're done for today."

I blinked, staring at him. He said nothing else, leaving us to hang there as the sound of the rope slapping the ground below finally reached us.

I glanced down at Jojo. He was staring at me, azure eyes wide and pleading.

"I'm not going to drop you, stupido."

His hair was a mess, even more so than usual as I hauled him up, stomach burning as I straightened myself, Jojo's extra weight more than enough for me to handle.

He grabbed onto the pillar, sparks shooting from where his fingers connected with the walls. His hair was a mess, more so than usual. My lips thinned in worry. Messina had probably given us the day off because he looked so bad.