outtake #4: oxytocin

a/n: dedicated to Nattosu ; congrats on listening to the smile song for ten hours !! additional credit to rhodeslucky7 and xBellaGeix for ideas :")

—————————————

(!) discretion: steamy content ahead (cough)
this is my first time actually writing something remotely close to smut so please have mercy on me djdjfjkddjdkdkdmdmdmdkdkdkdmd

___________________________

THIS FELT A little awkward, Maya thinks fleetingly, as she lifts the cup of tea to her lips — her company was a little...unexpected. She hopes Claudine would return from the restroom soon. She currently didn't have the social capacity to talk to someone else after a particularly hard day at work dealing with all the paperwork of her upcoming production and the new subordinate transferring from Germany.

She really hopes Claudine comes back soon.

The actress had recently endorsed Mr. White, the company that sold the rather-adorable white bear plush that Maya recalled Hikari liked (though 'like' may be a great understatement), and had received a whole shipment of Mr. White products that she had no idea what to do with.

"What do you think?"

Claudine raises a brow at Maya, who was still in her apron, sports bra and boxers as she munches on a pancake, barely interested in the giant carton that had arrived at their doorstep earlier that morning.

"Are you seriously asking me that question?"

Maya swallows the lump of pancake she had in her mouth and glances at the box that had been set right by their sofa. "The hoodies are...cute...I wouldn't mind keeping them."

"Yeah–no. We're giving them to Hikari. It's final. I'll ask if she's free to meet later."

Maya had been a little apprehensive about meeting Hikari, considering that she was, honestly, still stressing about their scheduled shoot, which was two days away. She has to control the urge to swallow the bile that rose in her throat every time she even thought about it, and having Hikari unconsciously reminding her about it whenever she looked her wasn't helping at all.

It hadn't been that bad when she was going over the script and trying to learn the basis for the character she was supposed to portray. Though she was supposed to act as herself, the old her felt like someone she had never known in the first place.

"Mr. White..." Hikari mumbles for the nth time that day, looking out the café window to watch the passers-by speed by after a long day of work.

Maya watches her, slightly amused at her obsession that hadn't seemed to change since their days at Seisho. In a way, she was glad. At least her friends tended to bring more pleasant memories, now, and she supposes it's a nice difference — it meant that she was healing.