01. Curiosity

A/N: A request by MidnightInWaves! There hasn't been much of a demon! Tanjiro story, so thankful for the fact that you have requested this! I hope you will enjoy this!

"Oi, wake up already," and [name] slowly opened her eyes. She then tilts her head to the side as she stared in confusion. That's when she noticed, the ever so hot-tempered Iguro Obanai was in her room, calling her to wake up. [name] then sighed in response as she stretched whereas Obanai had head over to the other side of her room, opening the door to let the stuffy air out.

"Here, so that you won't forget to put it on since you're insecure about it," Obanai commented as he handed [name] her eyepatch, and she could only chuckle in response. She then looked at Obanai and noticed he wasn't wearing his bandages yet, and [name] could only shake her head in response.

"Do we have anything planned for today?" she asked, and Obanai shrugged his shoulders.

"Not sure, but we do have a Hashira Meeting later," he answered, and [name] could only yawn in response once more as she stood up, stretching yet again.

"Ne, nii-san," she called out, and Obanai sighed as he turned to look at [name] once more. He looked at the way she was, it was clear to everybody that [name] wasn't blood-related to him in any sort of way. Due to the fact she had brown hair instead, and a pair of heterochromia eyes, with her right eye being a dark blue ocean color and her left being a light pink in color.

Weirdly enough, [name] was adopted into his family just when he was suffering through the times. Yet, the only one who truly cared for him was her, along with Kaburamaru as well. It was comforting to have the young girl always sneak into the dungeon where he was locked up and she would often tell him about how the outside world was like.

When he had escaped back then, his thoughts were solely on her. Wondering if she made it out alive and wasn't killed by Snake Demon herself. Then he was relieved to see that [name] had in fact ran out first before he escaped as he had told her, about how he wanted to leave that night.

And now, here they were.

Iguro Obanai, the Serpent Hashira, along with Iguro [name], the Viper Hashira.

Obanai then shrugged his shoulders as he watched [name] walking out of her room and towards the kitchen instead. Knowing that Obanai had yet to eat his breakfast for the latter did not have his bandage mask up covering the lower part of his face.

"Nii-san, what do you want to eat?" she asked, and Obanai hummed in response as a sign that he was up for anything that [name] would make. He then looked at [name], tilting his head to the side as he watched her move.

"You have an older brother?" Obanai asked as his heterochromia eyes widened. [name] then nodded in response as she gently folded the paper into a crane and presented it to her adoptive older brother.

"Yes! But sadly, he had given his life up for me," [name] said with a sad smile as she proceeded to fold another paper crane as well. Obanai then looked at the heterochromia eyes of the girl, and he then slowly reached out as he placed his small hand on hers.

"I'll be your nii-san,"

"I heard that today's Hashira meeting is about a demon slayer who was traveling with a demon, and allowed even brought the demon into fights," Obanai commented as he watched [name] do up a simple breakfast for the both of them weren't heavy eaters in any sort of way.

"Is that so? I wonder why," [name] whispers out as she carefully poured the hot water into the teacups, and soon placed them gently onto the trays. Obanai then hummed in response as he grabbed hold of the trays and brought them out to the small dining room they had and laid them on the foldable tables.