03. Haunt

[name] stared at Tanjiro as she grabbed him by the collar of his uniform. An irritated mark on her forehead as her veins popped as well for she was glaring daggers at the lower-ranked demon slayer before her.

The one that Enmu bowed to.

The one that disappeared when they were fighting Akaza.

Zenitsu started to panic as he hid behind Inosuke who was watching at what was going on. Kyojuro, on the other hand, had walked over to where [name] was and lightly patted her on the head.

"It's alright, [name]. He might have been frightened when we came face to face with an Upper Moon," he spoke out as he gently applied pressure to [name]'s wrist, causing her to let go of Tanjiro in response. She gritted her teeth as she turned and looked at Tanjiro from the corner of her eyes.

"Frightened, my ass," she muttered to herself as she turned to walk away.

"Rengoku-san, is [name]-san angry at me?" Tanjiro asked as Kyojuro gently wiped his face, removing the bloodstains. Kyojuro then chuckled a little in response and soon ruffled Tanjiro on the head.

"She is right now. But once we reach home, she wouldn't be," he said with a smile, yet, Tanjiro's attention was focused on [name]'s retreating figure. He then pressed his lips into a fine thin line as [name] then turned, and his eyes widened.

How she was glowing together with the sunrise.

--

"Stop fucking fidgeting," Sanemi scowled in response as he looked at Obanai who was fiddling with his fingers a tad bit too much as Kaburamaru was looking around as if trying to get a clearer view. Sanemi then frowned as he turned to look at Giyuu who was also with them, waiting at the entrance of the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters.

"Don't even know why the fuck are the both of you here when clearly I'm her older brother," Obanai muttered out as he turned to narrow his eyes at Sanemi and Giyuu, whereas Giyuu could only blink his dark blue hues and Sanemi scowled in response at what he had said then.

"Don't fuck with me," Sanemi muttered out and he turned to look at the front.

[name] walked by herself as she watched the tree demon slayers supporting Kyojuro towards the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. She was in a whole lot of pain, but Kyojuro had suffered worst injuries than her. And [name], was still having the irk mark on her forehead as she looked at Tanjiro from behind.

Soon, the entrance of the headquarters appeared, and [name] noticed Obanai, Giyuu, and Sanemi were standing there, waiting for their return. [name] then watched as the trio or rather Sanemi and Obanai were engaged in an argument, and [name] noticed Kaburamaru had slithered down from Obanai and proceeded to slither towards her.

She then bends down and raised her hand out despite the surging pain within her abdomen, and watched as Kaburamaru slithered up her arm and soon found himself comfortable around her shoulders and nuzzling his head against her cheek as if he was comforting her.

Sanemi then quickly shove Obanai's face away as he noticed Kyojuro. His eyes widened when he saw the terrible state the Flame Hashira was in and quickly ran towards him, together with Giyuu who noticed it as well. Kyojuro then chuckled heartily as he tried to assure the Wind Hashira and Water Hashira that he was indeed alright, only to start coughing out blood then.

"Alright my fucking ass!" Sanemi scowled as he and Giyuu looked at one another and nodded, easily picking up Kyojuro and running towards the Butterfly Estate, whereas Inosuke and Zenitsu quickly ran to follow. Then there was Tanjiro, who had turned to look at [name], only to feel himself being pulled by the collar of his uniform.