05. Uncovering

"Thanks, [name]. You did a flamboyant job in saving me," Tengen spoke out as he ruffled [name] who was seen sitting on the bed in the Butterfly Estate. She could only nod her head in response as her head was hanging low then. Her lips pressed into a fine thin line then as she had just woken up from sleeping for a whole month.

"If you hadn't reached in time, I think I would have to retire by then. Since he was practically aiming for my limbs," Tengen chuckled out, trying to cheer [name] up a bit too much. [name] then laughed a little in response, hoping that Tengen would leave her alone soon.

All she could remember then was the anger rising in her.

It was clear to [name]'s view that she was doomed then.

How careless of her to be falling right in front of the Upper Moon Demon Six, Gyutaro. How careless of her to let her emotions, mainly anger, run through her veins as she noticed Tanjiro had disappeared once more during the fight.

"[name]!" and [name]'s eyes widened as she watched as Gyutaro slashed down his flesh sickle, ready to rip her into shreds, only to have herself being picked up at a high speed. [name]'s dark blue eye then noticed who had saved her then, and she swore.

She had a shit tone of mixed feelings then.

Remembering the pair of hanafuda earrings that flowed against the wind as Kamado Tanjiro quickly brought [name] to safety, away from where the Upper Moon Demon Six was. [name] then looked at Tanjiro's pair of eyes, only to have him smiling back at her in response.

"Don't get injured, please stay safe," he whispered out as he proceeded to join in the battle. [name] then watched as she sat up while she leaned against the broken wall that was demolished during the intense fight.

[name] then bit her lips as she watched as Tanjiro proceeded to help Tengen. Yet. [name] still felt something is off about the lower-ranked demon slayer. She bit her lips as she stood up, still a little dizzy from the sudden run caused by Tanjiro. She then watched as Tengen went up behind Tanjiro, only to have her eyes widened.

"Breath of the Viper, Third Form: Full-blood Venom!" and [name] quickly sliced Gyutaro's body in half just in time before his sickle could reach Tengen then, for Tanjiro had dodged the attack, knowing full well Tengen was right behind him and wasn't able to see.

"Why did you avoid going head-on when you clearly know you have the upper hand?!" [name] yelled out as she grabbed Tanjiro by the collar of his uniform once more, enraged again.

"[name], watch out!" and [name] shoved Tanjiro away just as Gyutaro was about to slice her hand off. She then felt as Tengen quickly pulled her by the waist and Gyutaro's flesh sickle clashed against his blade.

"Too slow," Gyutaro commented, and [name] noticed Gyutaro's other hand was going for Tengen's hand that was around [name]'s waist. [name] then quickly flipped her nichirin blade the other way, and slashed up, saving Tengen from losing a hand.

"[name]?" Tengen called out and [name] slowly looked up to him. She then raised her left hand to cover her left eye as she smiled softly at him in response. Tengen then chuckled a little as he patted her on the head.

"The Kamado kid came to see you earlier on to see if you had woken up," Tengen spoke out and looked at [name] who was forcing herself to smile in response. The door to the room she was resting in soon slid opened, and in came Shinobu who had a smile on her face.

"Morning, [name]," she called out.

"Morning, Kocho-san,"

--