08. Game Plan

"It looks like as if she lost her mind," Tengen commented, only to be elbowed harshly in the stomach by Muichiro

"It looks like as if she lost her mind," Tengen commented, only to be elbowed harshly in the stomach by Muichiro. The usual blank look in the Mist Hashira was gone ever since he went to the swordsmith village, and was currently being very bias towards Kamado Tanjiro. The Hashiras had gathered at a small estate that wasn't in use, and they watched as [name] was seen seating right in the middle of the empty room.

Empty, that's what they would like to say. But they could only watch as Yushiro, who was Tamayo's personal assistant, busy pasting up ofuda that he had prepared ever since [name] had returned from her hometown. It was difficult, but he managed to replicate it along with the same amount of energy transmitting from it.

They watched as [name] was staring blankly to the front, still gripping onto the notebook then. A little tightly that it was starting to bend in her hands then. They noticed her mouth was moving as if trying to recite something, and Tengen couldn't understand what she was reciting.

Nor did Himejima.

"[name], everything has been set up," Yushiro spoke out as he was standing on the opposite end of the room where the sun didn't shine and was keeping a distance away from the Hashiras, for he was rather afraid that he might have his head sliced off at any given moment. [name] then slowly turned to look at Yushiro, and stared at him blankly.

"It is suggested to start the ritual only once you are calm, and at peace, [name]," Yushiro spoke out once more as he walked over to [name], and gently patted her shoulder. Obanai, on the other hand, was being held back by Sanemi, despite the Wind Hashira having a scowl on his face as well.

Yushiro then noticed he had needed to return to the Butterfly Estate for Tamayo was waiting for him there, and quickly brought out his umbrella and left the room. The atmosphere within the sacred room now was tensed as [name] was still holding onto the book then. She then smiled a little as she looked up, and scanned the room, looking at every Hashira that was present then.

"Hey, can I ask something?" she asked in a soft voice, and Kyojuro chuckled.

"OF COURSE!" he replied in an enthusiastic loud voice, and [name] could only smile in response then. She then slowly placed the book down on the side, and stood up, smoothing out her demon slayer uniform as she took a step forward, stepping onto the ofuda that was placed onto the tatami mat as well.

"Is it better to have lost just a life? Or thousands?" she asked, and the Hashiras looked at one another, thinking that [name] was asking a rather dumb question.

"Of course losing one life would be better than losing thousands!" and [name] smiled a little at that response. She then turned with her back facing them as she let out a shaky breath then.

"I'll keep that in mind," she whispered out.

"[name], what do you intend to do?" Himejima asked a little concern with the way [name] had acted. Nobody wondered why she had asked that question, thinking that she was just a mere teenage girl, the second youngest Hashira, thinking about life then.