09. Foresight

"Something is off here," Aoi talked to herself as she looked around the Butterfly Estate. She was busy preparing medicines and bandages for the kakushis to bring along with them as they will be the ones going into the battles and attending to the wounded.

Aoi then heard some sort of breathing coming from a particular room that was meant to be empty. Thinking a demon might have infiltrated the Butterfly Estate, she quickly grabbed hold of the nearest sharp object she could find.

"The girls' lives here are far more important than my own," she whispered to herself as she slammed open the door, only to have her eyes widened in shock. There on the beds in the room, were Tamayo and Yushiro, both sound asleep. She quickly dropped her weapon and ran to their side as she inspected them.

"They're not supposed to be here!"

--

"I was wondering why Tanjiro was so slow in killing Ubushiyaki off, it turns out he seems to have fallen in love with you, our very own enemy," Muzan spoke with a slight smirk on his face as he looked at [name], who was standing sideways and had her head looking forward, with her small hand resting upon her nichirin blade.

"Are you angry? You seem to be angry that you're unable to speak, I can tell base on the veins that are popping up from the back of your neck," he spoke out, and Amane who was watching the entire time could only stare in shock.

This wasn't part of the plans.

Muzan then watched as [name] turned to look at him, and his red plump eyes then widened as he looked straight into [name]'s heterochromia eyes. A slight smirk appeared on her lips as she tilts her head to the side, watching Muzan's every move.

As his past and future soon entered her mind then.

"Pitiful, aren't you?" she whispered out, and Muzan's red plump eyes remained wide opened as [name] took a step forward. She then wields her nichirin blade in her hand and hid it behind her back, placing her other hand behind her back as well.

"When you were in your mother's womb, your heart stopped multiple times. You were stillborn then, having no pulse and you weren't breathing," [name] spoke out and Muzan took a step back. A little surprise that the young Hashira before him knew about his past.

"Then you were about to be cremated, only to release your first cries," she said with a smile, and Muzan's eyes widened as he felt a stab in his chest, only to realize [name]'s nichirin blade went through him. He watched as she pushed it through deeper, and she continued to speak.

"Diagnosed with a disease that would kill you before you reached the age of 20. You ended up killing the doctor who was trying his best to heal you, what a demon you were even as a human," [name] whispered out, and Muzan could see her getting angrier by the second as her body got closer to his then.

He was immobile, he wasn't sure why.

Was it the tone she was using? Was it the anger that was being shown in her eyes? Or was it the fact that the Viper Hashira before him was someone he could never deal with since she was able to tell the future?

[name] then smiled as she heard the running footsteps of the lower-ranked demon slayers she had personally instructed them to help out. She wanted to create a future for everybody, where they all lived.

And that includes Oyakata-sama and his family as well.

Once [name] realized the demon slayers had brought the Ubushiyaki family far away, she then paid attention to Muzan once more. She then opened her mouth, only to have the words that spewed out from her supposedly innocent mouth, enrage the demon king before him.