3| 𝘍𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘺 𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴

・ 。゚☆: *

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.
3| Family Matters
・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.

BECAUSE HER PARENTS STILL DID NOT KNOW the full story about her disappearance last year, things were a little tense between them. It was required of Stella to attend a "check up" at Hawkins Lab. Her monthly appointments were always at the beginning of the month.

Stella knew that there was nothing that Dr. Owens could do for her. But she went anyway, for the sake of keeping things calm. She knew that her parents wouldn't dare to ask her about it, and it broke her heart a little that they were left in the dark about the whole thing.

Her nightmares weren't as horrible as Will's, but they still frightened her greatly all the same. Perhaps it was the fact that she chose to forget everything about Hawkins 2.0 that made it easier for her. Many times she put on a brave face, but still felt terrified.

So as Steve drove along, jamming out to New Order who blasted on the radio, she let her mind wander to time at the airport. She'd never seen that creature before, was it just her imagination?

-"You like New Order Tom?!" Steve yells over the music. Stella leans forward from the back seat, and turns down the volume.

-"Yeah, saw 'em in concert last year. They had just released 'Blue Monday'." Tom answers back, a smile forming in his lips at the memory.

-"I noticed that you have a guitar. How long have you been playing?" Stella asks leaning forward, happy to have something to talk about to take her mind off of yesterday.

-"Since I was twelve, so about four years now." Is the reply. Tom looks out the window with a far away look in his eyes. He bites his bottom lip, and sits quietly.

-"Wow! That's really cool!" Stella marvels from the back row. She proceeds to ask other questions, and talks the whole way home.

As soon as Steve turns off the engine, Tom immediately hops out, and hurries into the house. Steve and Stella watch him in slight shock at his actions, and shrug to one another before exiting the vehicle themselves.

When inside, they see no sight of him, and instead are greeted by their mother at the door. After taking their coats and placing a kiss on their cheeks, Mrs. Harrington leans forwards, and motions for her kids to do the same.

-"Is he ok?" She whispers into their little huddle. The siblings share the same expression they did in the car and shake their heads.
Mrs. Harrington nods, catching on, and continues in a low voice.

"Perhaps he's just homesick, or jet lag." She suggests the most possible outcomes. Her children nod in agreement, and quickly step away from the huddle when they spot Tom walking down the stairs.