Chaptor 2

Ryans POV

"I am not ready for another school year" I mutter while turning off my phone alarm. I'm sore all over. Football practice started two weeks ago and coach, aka dad, was killing my out of shape muscles.

  I glance at my phone and realize it is 7:30am already. Crap! Basketball shorts, t-shirt, and brushed teethed is all I have time for. I race down the stairs while hollering for the girls.

  My twin sisters are extremely special to me and this is their first year of high school. Shoving my Nikes on as fast as I could I heard my mom greet the girls behind me. "Don't be nervous high school is just like middle school" she says. I turn around and grin at Stacy and Lacy. "Yeah and just like middle school, No Boys". I fake growl. Both girls giggle and I grin.

   Stacy and Lacy both have special needs. They are identical twins but don't have identical issues. Lacy has two hearing aids and extremely thick glasses but is otherwise a normal fourteen year old girl. She is the leader of the two. Stacy only has one hearing aid and is a little delayed in maturity. She behaves more like a ten year old and is very sensitive. I love them both dearly. They both know how to sign and read lips. My parents and I all made sure to learn sign language for the girls years ago.

  I gather our bags while mom is signing and mouthing encouragements to them. Both girls prefer to sign at home. I wrapped one arm around mom giving her a side hug and reassuring her that I had the girls backs and stretched my other hand out to the girls so they could take their bags from me. "Meet you in the car" I say. Once the girls are out the door I look down at mom. She stands at 5'4 while I'm already 6'2. I release her waiting for her to give me my big brother duties. Even though I now tower over my mother I will never forget who runs the house.

She looks at me with a stern gaze "you watch out for them Ryan Wilson. Public school will be a huge adjustment."
I kissed her forehead smirking, "they are safe with me mom".

Grinning and grabbing my cheek like I'm four she pushes me towards the door "now hurry or Dad will give you laps".

  Dad had been my football coach since I was four and he was going on 22 yrs of coaching at Green Tower high school. I bolted to the car not wanting the extra laps.

  "Buckled up, Ready to go" I ask the girls. After two small yes's I pull out of the driveway.
Dad and I finally won the argument that the girls should be in public school about three months ago during a weekly family meeting. Mom was terrified and to be honest I was starting to feel nervous also. I knew the girls wanted to be closer to Dad and I, but I worry my sisters will be teased.

  I push down my butterflies for them while pulling into the parking lot. This was going to be very different than their Christian Private school but if anyone bullies my sisters I will throw my nice guy image out the window. I held both their hands and walked them into our school.

NATALIE POV

"I'm sorry Ms. Marshall but I'm not seeing you in the system" stated the school receptionist with a slight frown.

I sigh, " This is a bit embarrassing but it is possible my mom forgot" (again).
"If she registered late she wont be in the system yet Karen" a woman with short black hair says sternly while entering the room from what I assume is her personal office.
I cross my fingers, hoping my mom remembered. I didn't want to start school on the second day. I would stand out yet again. "ugh"

RYAN POV

Whelp, we are late. We need passes and I need to prepare for the Coach lecture I was going to get.

  "Who ever invented the snooze button needs to be sued" I say and my sisters giggle.
"Morning Principal Sheppard, Ms. Lee. Sorry we are a bit late this morning."
Ms. Lee smiles and shakes her head at me while getting busy writing passes. I faintly hear her introducing herself to the girls but all my focus is on a waterfall of sandy waves.