Chaptor 4

RYAN POV

   As I ran my laps I thought about my sisters. I was so proud of them. They wanted to be at school with me. They weren't scared of being around new people.

   I had always had the same friends and the same routine. My weeks always consistent of football, studying, church, and family meeting night. I suddenly felt boring.

"Wow I have no life." Maybe I could ask out that Natalie girl after getting to know her.

  The next two classes dragged on. Each class I was hoping to spot the new girl. Maybe she wasn't a senior or worse maybe she was a freshman.

  I barely paid any attention to my teachers which wasnt really a problem. I didnt have to try too hard at school because everything seemed to come naturally. I was even the person most the teachers asked to help others. My mom was an ex teacher so summers weren't just lay around time. She normally prepped us with the next years material so technically I couldn't take all the credit for my smarts.

  Colleges were already interested in me due to my football talents and the great GPA was definitely a bonus. My parents really had set me up for an awesome life. They had worked hard for their careers and I was going to make them proud.

  I leaned on the wall wrapped up in my own thought while waiting for the girls so we could walk to the cafeteria. When I heard giggles I looked up.

   The girls were holding hands with each other and looking at a boy with glasses. As I approached I heard Lacy say "yeah that was my dad's class." I smiled she was so proud to be our fathers daughter. Both girls were angels in my book. I decided to cut in and grabbed Stacy's hand since mystery boy was next to Lacy. "And I am their big brother, Ryan," I said before looking at them and pretending to scowl. "What did I say about boys?" Stacy giggled and Lacy turned red.

  So mystery boy had Lacy crushing, interesting.
Stacy stopped giggling and whispered so Lacy wouldnt hear her, "That's Matt. I think Lacy likes him."
I chuckled "I think so too."

  After losing Matt in the food line we started heading to my usual table. Before we got there I spotted Natalie in the corner.
"Do you two mind if we sit with Natalie?" Stacy giggled and covered her mouth.
Lacy smiled and asked "Do you like her?"
I could feel my ears getting warm again. Dang geniuses.
"No, I just thought it would be nice since she is all alone. Please you guys?"

    Natalie was studying a piece of paper with a very determined looking face as we approached her table. I began to worry that she might not be in the mood for company. I must of slowed down because Lacy gave me a bump from the back. Secretly I was now wanting to take back my suggestion and run away. Which would definitely end in my sisters laughing hysterically at me.

  With a deep breathe I stopped in front of her table waiting for her to look up.
"Hi, is it okay if we sit with you? It's my sisters first day and it seems quiet over here." I asked way too politely.
Lacy and Stacy instantly shared a look that I barely caught from the side of my eye.
"Sure". Her voice sounded strong but slightly annoyed.
"Thank you...Natalie right?" I saw her nod and she look panicked for a brief moment before asking
"Umm..yeah sorry what's your name again?"
Internally I laughed, she forgot my name. Wow, I sure made an impression.
"Ryan, and these are my sisters Stacy and Lacy." I couldn't help but smile widely.
I didnt want her to think I was offended with her forgetting my name we only talked for about 45 secs this morning.

    I sat down while the girls took spots across from each other and began signing about Matt. I would have to tell them thanks later. I knew they were giving me the opportunity to get to know Natalie. I began firing questions at her. She answered each one like it was a script.

  After each answer I secretly wished for her to ask me one. To show some kind of interest but she never did. She wasnt even looking up anymore. She focused on her food and just answered my questions.

  Finally I realized I only had time for one more. It was a stupid question about liking school but she finally looked up.
"Its just another building," she said. I felt sad.

    Her answer had an emotion behind it. I wasnt even able to process what emotion before the bell rang and she said a hasty goodbye and fled the opposite direction of my next class. Well I guess there goes my hope of her being in my next class with me.

   The girls and I made our way towards math hall. Theirs was one of the first doors while mine was in the middle of the hall. I liked math. It was easy. There was always a way to find the correct answer. Mr. Pierce was one of my favorite teachers.

   The bell rang and I got ready to drift back to my conversation with Natalie and her last answer. Suddenly she entered the room looking flushed and irritated. I almost laughed at her appearance.

  She must have gotten lost. I was so amused I almost missed Mr. Pierce telling me to raise my hand in the air. I raised my hand and did a happy dance in my head. Natalie walked down the middle of class with her back straight and avoiding the eyes of the other kids. I was starting to learn that when things didnt go her way she got very embarrassed and flustered. She avoided looking around so much that when she sat down in front of me and looked me in the eyes her whole face was covered in shock.

   This time I couldn't hold back my chuckle. She automatically squinted her eyes at me.
"Sorry, I promise I'm not following you and technically I was here first." I quickly said between chuckles.
She seemed to relax as she got out a very organized binder and pen. The rest of the class I tried whispering to her but she would just glare at me in response. She took perfect notes. A person who wasnt in class could have learned the whole lesson from just her notes. I was impressed. Not to brag but normally girls wanted to talk to me or even flirt but Natalie made sure I didnt distract her from class at all.

  So instead I secretly studied her. When she was learning she looked at peace. She was definitely beautiful. Her eyes were big with perfectly applied makeup. Not heavy like a bunch of girls. She had a plain black t shirt on with a nice pair of jeans. She was wearing hoop earings. Her lips were plump but not big. And she had an adorable small nose.

   While I was observing her Natalie turned in my direction and started putting her things away. I blinked a few times and realized everyone was gathering their things. The bell must have rung. She really makes me zone out. I stood up and grabbed my bag.
"Do you need help finding your next class?" I asked while crossing my fingers.
"No, thanks I can manage," she said smirking.
I shrugged "suit yourself" but really I was disappointed.

   My disappointment was short lived when I entered my next class. And we even had to walk to the locker rooms next to each other for athletics at the end of the day. I couldn't believe my luck. Football practice blew by. As I drove home I smiled as I sang along with the radio. My sisters made fun of me the whole way but I was just so happy.