1.1.2 (18)

Desert Road (Georgia, Atlanta)

In the dark misty night, within a desert, and a deserted road, there is nothing to be seen, no living creature, no civilization, just concrete on the road. But, above, there is a blinding white light of the fullest moon, incredibly clear to see by the human eye, from the ongoing distance of space. The sun is absent, only the moon.

Soon, the light of the moon isn't the only white light, as bright car lights from afar drive closer to their destination, across the lonely road of a small desert.

The person in the driver's seat of the nearby vehicle is, Derek Hamill. He is driving to a planned location, ready to achieve his abiding devotion and eagerness for revenge.

Beside Derek, on the passenger's seat, lays a cardboard box, similar to the one he used to gather his essentials after he was fired. In the box, there is a taser, Derek's in-tact photo cut from his key card, and more.

Derek's face is an expression of determination and passion for his newly set goal, and aspiration. He knows what he has to do, he knows his motive, and he knows how to do it. He is taking action. He is overcoming his destined flaw.

*

Nearby Fort Gordon Military Base East Point

Derek's car further into the deserted sandy road, this time, it isn't as deserted as it was before; there is a single military cargo vehicle parked beside the road, one designed to transport a dozen soldiers to a certain location.

The single military certified vehicle was ordered to scan the nearby roads of the military centered area, and control who is going through the roads, and are not. Derek looks straight at the parked vehicle, and instead of anxiety pulsing through his veins, felicity is instead, he is glad the vehicle is here.

A soldier, wearing the camouflaged uniform, is leaning on the front of his dark green vehicle, says something in the radio, "Unknown target getting closer. Over", in a definite southern American accent.

The person on the other side of the walkie talkie replies, "Confirm status. Over".

Derek drives close to the military vehicle, and parks behind it. The soldier becomes confused, and cautious. His body tenses up in defense, he senses danger, he snatches his Beretta pistol strapped behind his back in a perfect slot. He wonders, why a stranger would park so close, it would be worse for them. He can only reply in one manner, caution.

The soldier, now holding his gun with two hands, pointing at the standard car parked with Derek in the driver's seat. Derek, slowly and covertly, directs his hand inside the box, using the darkness as his advantage, he takes something from the box.

The trained soldier's impulse was firstly correct, to tell his reinforcements, and grab his gun for defense. But, the soldier is breathing heavily, and quickly, in the cold night, the soldier manages to turn hot, and red, in worry for his life. This soldier is in his early twenties, and small. You can tell he hasn't done many things like this before, preferably confrontation. He has been trained, yes, but in the field? No. That is obviously the reason why he was put on attendance duty, who enters, who doesn't. The others not realizing how important that is.

The young certified soldier gulps in hope of nothing going wrong. He notices Derek's suspicious movement, and shouts, with his high squeaky voice, "H-hey! Don't m-move!", to Derek. He lifts his gun aiming to Derek, but not even thinking how correctly straight the gun is, it points more to the window, behind Derek.

The boy, too scared to figure what to do next, his unconfidence and panicked fear is his disadvantage. Derek is driven by revenge, determination, and knowledge. Whereas, the boy is driven by nothing, except forgotten procedure, and fear. He is a fairly new soldier, barely experienced.