Chapter 26

~

~

It was already the next day. After a short day of school Hyunsuk and I went to our weekly therapist visit.

Luckily she didn't ask anything about why I stormed out the previous time. It was already weird enough that she didn't even called Mr. Rin or my parents and for that I appreciated her.

I also appreciated her for not really asking that much about my life. I understood what she did and that she tried to make me comfortable so I would open up myself but the idea behind it was nice.

"You guys seem to be getting along well!" Seola commented. In an instant Hyunsuk took his distance from the couch with an uncomfortable look on his face. Did I make him that uncomfortable?

"Yes, we became really close friends." He spoke. Ouch...friends.

I understood that he wanted to keep things private at school and accepted that, but that it even had to go that far outside of school?

"Yes." I smiled, trying to sound as sincere as possible. Even in class he kept his distance from me. If we were not with our usual friend group he had a habit to pretend as if I didn't even exist. Whenever he spoke to different girls at school like Serri, I tried to not get jealous because I knew that Hyunsuk was popular and what I was getting myself into.

We were not even a week into our relationship ship and I could already feel that this could possibly be a problem in the future. The only thing was that I was too much of a chicken to address him about it because I didn't want him to get angry and dump me.

"Did you already speak to your mom and siblings?" Seola asked. The look on Hyunsuk face had changed and he seemed down.

"No, now is not the right time."

From the side of my eyes I could already see that Hyunsuk's eyes were starting to get watery but he tried to stay strong. I wanted to tell him everything was going to be okay but I wasn't good at comforting people.

"Why not?" Seola asked.

"Tomorrow it's Cherry's 5th birthday and she's coming home a day earlier. My parents have been so busy with organizing everything and bringing up my feelings now would only ruin it." He explained.

I gave him a look out of sympathy and realized how ridiculous I was. While I was getting worked up over having ADD and my parents working 24/7, Hyunsuk was dealing with real issues. He still had guilt washing over him and his family made sure to remind him of it every single day.

"Are you going to be there? Because I think you should. You haven't seen Cherry in over a year and now would be a good time to show your parents that you care." Seola suggested but Hyunsuk immediately shook his head, making it clear that, that was not going to happen.