Chapter 2

After what felt like forever, the bell finally rang signaling the end of the day. Marinette and Alya quickly head towards the girls locker room to meet with the rest of the team. They walked into the locker room and quickly got changed. Marinette was wearing a red tank top with a black legging and matching practice cleats. Alya wore an orange cut-off shirt and grey yoga pants with a purple stripe up the side. One by one the girls slowly entered, Marinette and Alya were chatting with them when Tikki walked in with two new girls.
"Afternoon ladies, I want to introduce you to our new right and center fielders. They are replacing Chloe and Lila since they decided to quit the team after last season. Meet Aurore Beauréal and
Mireille Caquet. Marinette and Alix, as co-captains I expect you to make the girls feel welcome and take care of introductions, I have to talk to Plagg about the schedule for using the field.
"Yes Tikki" the captains responded
"So which of you plays what?" questioned Alix.
"I play right center field and Mireille plays right," Aurore was bouncing on her toes as she responded. "We've been playing baseball for years but couldn't make the team, but thanks to those two quitting, we were able to get in."
"Awesome, Well welcome to the team. I'm Marinette, co-captain and catcher, That's Alix," she said gesturing around to each person in turn, "my other co captain and shortstop, Next is Alya, media Specialist and second base, Mylene is our pitcher and Rose is Left Field, Juleka is Third base and Sabrina's on first. You've already met Tikki, our coach and that's everyone. Welcome to the Dark Angels!"
"Thanks" Mirelle and Aurore responded. The two girls then got settled into their lockers and changed.

~Meanwhile in the Boys locker room~

Nino and Adrian had changed into their practice outfits as the rest of the guys meandered inside.
"Nino, we've been close friends for ages, how do I get out of the friendzone?" Adrien looked at him like a love sick puppy.
Nino just laughs, "luck, although you don't seem to be having much."
"Thanks Nino, that was sooo helpful" Adrian replied sarcastically. "Hey Plagg, what's up?"
"Good news actually, Listen up Panthers." Plagg caught all of their attention, "We have found the last player on our team since Ali left to move back home last year. Everyone, I want you to meet Félix Graham de Vanily, Adrien's cousin and our new center fielder. Everyone introduce yourselves and get him a locker. I have to go and claim the field before Tikki." The boys laughed as their coach ran out.
"Welcome Dude!" exclaimed Nino, walking over to give Felix a high five. Felix gave him one, wrapped his arm around him and gave the introductions. "Well, you already know your cousin Adrian, He plays 1st base and is one of our fearless leaders, next is Kim, our other fearless leader who's also our pitcher. Luka plays 2nd base, Nathaniel and Marc play right and left field respectively, Max is catcher Ivan 3rd and I play shortstop."
"Thank you Nino, can you please point out my locker so that I can get changed and ready." Felix commented.
"Sure Felix, your locker is right over there" Adrien responded.
"Thank you"
"No problem, and welcome to the Jade Panthers."

~~~~~~~

After everyone had changed, both teams went outside to start their drills.
"Listen up sugar cubes" Plagg yelled at both teams "We are going to be doing our drills together as a group before our teams split up and take turns using the field to practice. Got it? Good. Tikki, do you want to start them off."
" Everyone split off into pairs and stretched for 10 minutes, as soon as you're done with that run a mile around the field and come back here."
Everybody groaned and started splitting off, Alya and Marinette were stretching with Adrien and Nino nearby. They started talking as they stretched. Once they were done, they all started off towards the field. Marinette and Adrien were leading the group as they ran. About halfway through Marinette's shoe became untied and as she ran she tripped and almost face planted yet again only to be caught by Adrien .
"My, my, you seriously can't help falling for me." Adrian chuckled as he helped her to her feet and bent down to tie her shoe.
"Actually I was falling for the ground but you managed to get in the way." Marinette shot back.
"Ouch, m'lady, i'm hurt."
"Whatever kitty, We're behind now we need to catch up" Marinette started running as soon as Adrien stood up and Adrien shot right after her.
Once they were done they split off in their teams, reviewed strategies, Practiced hitting and played mini games. Eventually it was almost evening and the teams started heading back to the locker rooms to shower and change. As she was walking back, her shoe was untied yet again and she tripped yet again, unfortunately, no one was around to catch her so she fell and scraped up her hands catching herself.
"Ouch, gosh dang it, why am I such a klutz," She muttered to herself.
"Are you alright?" questioned a voice she didn't recognize.
She looked up and thought she saw Adrien but his hair was different and he was wearing different clothes. "I'm alright," She responded
"Let me help you up."
"Oh thank you, Have we met before?" she inquired as he helped her up.
"Not yet, my name is Félix Graham de Vanily, I'm Adrian's cousin"
"Oh that makes sense, you two look like each other, except for the hair, Anyway I'm Marinette Dupian-Cheng, and thanks again." She limped off toward the door and went inside
"Marinette Dupian-Cheng..." Felix sighed deeply, lost in thought.
"Hey Felix, if you don't get in here there won't be any hot water left," Adrien shouted after him causing him to return to reality and go inside to get changed.