Chapter 6

It's the night before the big game and all the girls are at Marinette's house to de-stress. They had made cookies and we're talking in her bedroom.

"You two are seriously the cutest couple in the class" Rose exclaimed after seeing a photo of Mylene and Ivan at the animal shelter.

"I know right!" Marinette agreed.

"Hey, what about me and Nino." Alya argued.

"Well you might have been if you guys stopped making out in front of us," Alix countered. Everyone laughed as Alya blushed a deep red.

" Well what about you and Kim? We all know that he lost that race on purpose to take you out for ice cream" Alya pointed out.

It was Alix's turn to blush, "No he didn't..."

"Your face says otherwise" Alya said laughing. Suddenly, she got a pillow to the face knocking her backwards. She sat up quickly to see who had thrown it when another pillow came at her face again.

"PILLOW FIGHT!!" Juelka shouted, grabbing the nearest pillow and tossing it at Sabrina.

"Oh, it's on" Sabrina quickly retaliated and soon the air was covered by pillows being thrown back and forth and loud laughter coming from the girls. It went on for a while before Marinette's mom came up and said that it was getting late and they needed to calm down. They all gathered back their pillows and got ready for bed.

Once they were all situated, Mari dimmed the lights so her parents would think that they were resting. The girls spent the rest of the time whispering excitedly about tomorrow until Rose's head started to droop and they all went to sleep.

~~~~~~

The boys were at the field by 7 the next morning to run through a few more drills before the game actually started.

Felix was more anxious than usual. None of his previous plans had worked and it was game day. He needed to do something big like plant a bomb or blow a play. Planting a bomb seems a little extreme just to stop my cousin from winning a bet, he thought. I think I'll just blow a play, yeah that'll work. He went into the locker room and got changed.

~~~~~~

The girls had gotten up around 6 to eat breakfast and get ready for the game. Tikki picked them up around 6:50 so that they could get there with enough time to warm up.

When they got there the boys were just finishing up with the field, so they went and got changed into their second uniform and went out to the field. They ran sprints and practiced hitting. By 7:15 their supporters started showing up so they went to the dugout to have a few final words.

"Gather around girls" Tikki said, "You guys have been working hard for this, go and play with all of your heart and you will do great. Dark Angels on three. 1,2,3."

"DARK ANGELS" All of the girls shouted as they headed out for the coin toss.

~~~~~

"Alright boys,' Plagg started, "You go out there and you play hard, You guys have improved so much. I'm so proud of you" He whispered the last part.

"Sorry coach did you just say that you were proud of us," Kim inquired.

"No, why would I do that," Plagg defended, "Just go out there and try not to get creamed."

The boys all laughed and headed out.

~~~~~

Marinette, Alix, Kim and Adrien came forward to shake hands and do the coin toss. The Umpire Wayzz came forward and told Marinette to call it in the air

"Tails" She said as it spun in the air. Wayzz caught it and it was heads, The Panthers chose to bat first. Both teams got into position.

Adrien was up to bat first. Mylene and Mari communicated about what to throw then she threw it. He swung and the bat connected with the balls sending it over towards third base. Juelka jumped to try and catch it but it barely missed her glove. Adrien ran and made it to first base.

Nino was up next, he swung and bunted it. Alix quickly ran forward and tossed it to Sabrina who caught it before he was able to touch the base

"Out!" Wayzz shouted and the game continued.

About 20 minutes later, the guys had managed to get 3 runs in but Felix was their third out hitting it right towards Alya who caught it easily. They changed sides.

Mireille was up first and she made it all the way to hit a double. 10 minutes later, It was Marinette's turn to bat, they had 2 outs. She swung her bat and the ball slipped out of Nino's hand allowing her to make it first.

"Hey princess you ready for our date?" Adrien asked, trying to distract her.

"Not as ready as I am to see you in a dress," She replied smirking.

Before he could respond, she ran, managing to make it to home giving them a lead of 2 runs before Aurore struck-out.

The game continued for 5 more innings. Until it came to the 7th final inning and the Jade Panthers were leading 20-18. They were in the field with the Angels batting with only 1 out with first and second loaded. Sabrina was up to bat, She hit a double allowing Mireille to complete her run.

Felix was starting to panic. They could actually win this, then Adrien wouldn't have to wear dresses and he would go on a date with Marinette. He wanted to go on a date with Marinette. He had to mess them up now. Juleka just struck out and Rose was up to bat. She hit the ball and it went right towards Felix. This is it! All I have to do is mistime my catch and slip so that They can be tied. As he went to execute his plan, he messed it up and ended up just catching it. Rose was out and the Panthers had won.

The Final score was 20-19. The Panthers started cheering. Kim and Ivan lifted Felix up on their shoulder and they danced around. The Dark Angels were a little upset that they lost but it was a good game and they had fun. Tikki and Plagg told the teams to go and shower so they could go and get treats.