Chapter 3

The drawing in this chapter have been commission for me by my younger sister Einna Azile. Please do not copy them without permission

The week went by and the two teams have been practicing hard. Saturday came and the Dark Angels were going to have a practice game against the Jade Panthers. The Panthers showed up wearing a black uniform with dark green  and jade accents, and a panther paw on the front with their name.

They were warming up waiting for the Angels to show up

    "They're late," Kim observed, "Maybe they've chickened out."
    "That is highly improbable. They are too competitive and have been working very hard," Max pointed out.
    "Let's give them a few more minutes," Adrian stated looking past the field towards the locker room, when the door opened, and the girls started walking down towards the pitch in their new uniforms that were based on the first ones.

The boys jaws dropped when the girls walked closer

    Alix smirked, "So are you gonna stand here looking or are we going to kick butt"
    "Bring it on, Shorty," Kim shot back signaling for the guys to gather around. Tikki and Plagg walked up between the teams and called the captains forward.
    "Alright guys this is only a practice game, the real matches start in 2 weeks.," Tikki states
    "To decide who bats first and who's in the field, we're going to have a coin toss, head's the Angels bat, tails the Panthers," Plagg then tosses the coin into the air and catches it. "Heads, Angels bat, Panthers you're in the field."
The team's head to their places, Alix is up first. Kim winds up and tosses a fastball, but not fast enough. She hits the ball and starts to run making it to first. Marinette is up next, Max signs for Kim to throw a curveball. Strike 1! Second toss happens and it's a hit. Mari runs as fast as she can to first, before Adrian could catch the ball.
"Looks like I'm just a little too fast for you Chat." she teased.
"I'm just waiting for you to realise that I'm a catch." Adrian coyly replied.
"Adrian, stop flirting and get the ball," Luka shouted, snapping Adrian out of his trance. He quickly dived at the ball that was barrelling towards him.
"Look who's falling for who now" Mari laughed as she ran past him making it to third base.
"I'd fall for you anyday Marinette" He mumbled as he tossed the ball back to Kim.
The game went on with Sabrina and Alya striking out, and Felix catching Juleka's flyball. They switched sides. The game continues for 5 innings before Tikki and Plagg call it a game.
"Alright, gather around you knuckleheads," Plagg called. "That was a good practice for all of you, but boys, you got your butt's kicked. Final score 13-8. The Dark Angels win." All of the guys started groaning and the girls cheered loudly.
"Good job everyone, now go and hit the showers you all stink," Tikki shouted over the teens.
The Jade Panthers started to skulk back to their locker rooms when the Angels came up behind them and started to try and cheer them.
"It's only a practice game," Mylene said trying to console her boyfriend and the rest of the guys.
"Yeah, it's not on the league record for the season" Alix pointed out.
"It still sucks," Kim states.
"How about this, race you to the locker room. Loser buys the ice cream." Alex says as she sprints off, Kim following close after. The others laugh and race after them.
"They would make a cute couple" Alya comments.
"Only if you don't try setting them up Alys," Marinette teases as they enter the locker room to shower.