Chapter 1 - Charlotte

Charlotte's P.O.V.

Allow me to introduce myself! My name is Charlotte Hernandez. I'm 21 years old, and I have a boyfriend that I've been dating for almost three years. His name is Paul McCartney. He's the bassist of a band called The Beatles, and he writes songs with his songwriting partner, John Lennon, who also happens to be the rhythm guitarist of the group.

In my family, I live with my mom, Betsy, my dad, Ben, and older brother, Dante, he's 22 years old.

For my friends, their names are Julie Francis and Lola Benson. Julie and I have known each other since kindergarten, and I didn't meet Lola until 2nd grade. All three of us girls grew up together after our days at school.

The year is 1963. Julie, Lola, and I are on our way to see The Beatles perform. I'm super excited, mainly because I'll be seeing my Paulie on stage. I'm driving us to the cavern club.

Speaking of driving, another thing I didn't bring up is that I got my driver's license when I was 18. So I've been driving for three years as well.

Anyway, the girls and I arrived at the cavern moments later. "Alright, ladies, did anybody bring earplugs?" I asked. "Got mine!" Said Julie. "Me too." Said Lola. "Excellent!" I said.

If you're wondering why we brought earplugs, it's because a lot of the concerts have dozens, and I mean DOZENS of screaming girls in the audience. So we take drastic measures to protect our hearing by wearing earplugs.

Back to the story, we entered the cavern after putting the earplugs into our ears. There were a few people inside, so we had a better chance of reaching the stage without getting trampled. The concert was close to starting, and The Beatles came up on stage, waving to everybody in the audience.

"There's Paul!" I said excitedly. "Where?" Lola asked. "I see him, he's right there!" Julie said. "I can't see him!" Said Lola. "Here, Lola, follow my finger." Said Julie. Lola looks to where Julie is pointing. "I see him now! Thanks, Julie!" Said Lola. "You're welcome." Julie said.

The first song was about to begin. Paul counts down to start it up.

1, 2, 3, 4!

Well, she was just seventeen
You know what I mean
And the way she looked
Was way beyond compare
So how could I dance with another
Ooh, when I saw her standing there?

Well, she looked at me
And I, I could see
That before too long
I'd fall in love with her
She wouldn't dance with another
Ooh, when I saw her standing there

Well, my heart went "boom"
When I crossed that room
And I held her hand in mine

Oh we danced through the night
And we held each other tight
And before too long
I fell in love with her
Now I'll never dance with another
Ooh, since I saw her standing there

Well, my heart went, "Boom"
When I crossed that room
And I held her hand in mine

Oh, we danced through the night
And we held each other tight
And before too long
I fell in love with her
Now I'll never dance with another
Oh, since I saw her standing there

Yeah, well since I saw her standing there

Little did I know, Paul was singing about how he met me and when we fell in love. Man, that was one of the best days ever! Anyway, the next one the boys sang was another one from their Please Please Me record.