Chapter 7 (Finale) - Back Together

Paul's P.O.V.

Two weeks later, Charlotte and I got married. Her two best friends, Lola and Julie were her bridesmaids while John was my best friend. After the wedding, Charlotte moved in to live with me and brought her beloved cat, Pumpkin with her. Ever since that adorable feline came into my wife's life, they've been inseparable. I completely understand, however. A pet is definitely a faithful companion to its owner.

Anyway, our honeymoon took place in Miami, Florida. Believe it or not, I loved it there! The beach was absolutely beautiful! Well, not as beautiful as Charlotte, of course. After our tropical honeymoon ended, we spent many days and nights doing what all couples do. And that would be have romantic nights out, and spend a lot of time just snuggling. Of course, we even took care of Pumpkin. She's definitely the best animal friend Charlotte ever had.

Charlotte's P.O.V.

For this particular day, Paul and I decided to have a night out, just the two of us. I even called Julie and Lola to come over and watch Pumpkin. Anyway, I'm scrolling through my closet to find the perfect dress for this romantic night.

Oops! I forgot to mention what Paul and I are doing for our night out! There's a gazebo that's five minutes away from our house. It has loads of beautiful flowers surrounding it, and it lights up at night so you can see them better. Paul thought it'd be perfect for us.

Back to getting ready. I found a dress that's perfect for the date. The shoes I picked out were a perfect match for the dress I chose.

Charlotte's dress:

Charlotte's shoes:

Charlotte's shoes:

After I got done getting ready, I noticed that Julie and Lola have already arrived

After I got done getting ready, I noticed that Julie and Lola have already arrived. "Oh wow, Charlotte! You look beautiful!" Said Lola. "Thanks." I said. "And those shoes definitely match!" Said Julie. "I thought so too." I said. "Hey, where's Paul?" Lola asked. "He's getting still getting ready." I said. "Where are you two going?" Julie asked. "Paul found this gazebo that has flowers all over it. It even lights up at night." I said. "Ooh, pretty!" The girls said together.

Paul comes out a minute later. "Ah, Lola, Julie, thanks for agreeing to watch Pumpkin for us!" He said. "Anytime, Paul. We love that feline cutie ever since we first saw her." Said Julie. I let out a giggle and bent down to Pumpkin. "Now you be a good girl for Julie and Lola while Paul and I are gone, okay?" I said while petting her. Pumpkin meows in response and purrs while nuzzling against me. She nuzzles Paul afterwards. "Have fun, you two." Said Lola. "We will." I said.

The two of us left the house and made our way to the romantic spot.

"Paul, it's beautiful! I've never seen a gazebo so beautiful!" I said with a smile

"Paul, it's beautiful! I've never seen a gazebo so beautiful!" I said with a smile. "I'm glad you like it. The minute I saw this breathtaking location, it made me think of bringing you here." Said Paul. We stepped inside and Paul picks up a flower, putting it into my hair. "I've never worn a flower in my hair before." I said. "Really? I never knew that!" Paul said. "There's a first time for everything." I said. Paul nods.

"Darling, will you sing me a song while it's just us out here?" I asked. Paul smiles and kisses my forehead. "Absolutely, sweetheart." He said. I felt him pull me close to him and I leaned on his chest while he leans on my head, and he sings a romantic song to me. We then sway to a steady beat.

Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely lifetime
If you want me to, I will

For if I ever saw you
I didn't catch your name
But it never really mattered
I will always feel the same

Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart

And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air
Sing it loud so I can hear you
Make it easy to be near you
For the things you do endear you to me
You know I will

I will

After Paul finished singing, we locked eyes. I caress my husband's face and he smiles. "I have to say, things have been better since we made up a few weeks ago." I said. "And they've gotten even better after we got married shortly thereafter." Said Paul. "They sure did." I said. "I'm never leaving you again, sweetie." Paul said. "I'm glad to hear you say that. I don't ever want you to leave me." I said. "Baby girl, I can assure you that from now on, I'm staying with my gorgeous wife no matter what happens." Paul said.

The two of us lean in and go for yet another romantic kiss. We stay that way for the rest of the night. I'm happy to say that things between me and Paul are better than ever, and I'm glad to be spending the rest of my life with the man I love.

The End