Chapter Nineteen

(Art of my OC Dean belongs to Loubbylover)

Webby's POV

      Why in the world would Louie be calling me, I have only been gone for an hour. By instinct, I clicked answer and put the phone up against my ear ignoring the fact that Dean was standing right in front of me. "Hello?", I asked, obviously knowing Louie was on the other end. "Webby?...Webby is that you?", I heard Louie desperately call out, I sighed and answered, "Yea, it's me Webby, do you need something?". I heard a shift at the other end of the line and I heard a different voice, one more soft and angelic, "Hi Webby, it's me April", my eyes widened at the name, and I realized that all the time the three girls had been there I only interacted with April once. "Hi April...", I trailed off not knowing how to start a conversation with her, but to my luck she did. "Have you settled in yet?", she asked, the sound of hope in her words made a shiver go down my spine, scared of what was going to happen when I answered. "Well I got all the bags into our room, but uh no we're not settled in", I responded being completely honest. There was a slight pause on the other end, then April started up again, expect this time this more slow, and clear, "Alright Webby, I NEED you to go to a more isolated place, I don't know if you're with anyone right now, but I need you to leave them, and find a place where we can talk ALONE". She sounded so careful with her word choice it started to make me shake, kind of like an anxious shake you get when you're nervous. "Alright hold for a minute", I said back, my voice shaky and uneven. I put the phone down from my ear, and I looked at Dean, his face filled of confusion. 

      "Thank you for helping me, I got to go now, but thanks again", I said trying to shoo him away in the nicest way possible. He looked at me his smile dropping as he said, "Oh uh you're welcome, hey I mean if you aren't busy maybe we could hang out", desperation lingered in each word, making me feel worse than I did before. "No!- I mean I'm sorry but I really can't, maybe another time, I promise", I said my words stabbing knives in my own heart at the worthless promise I made. "What, busy with whomever you're on the phone with", his voice clear-cut, with an overloading amount of sarcasm lining each of his words. I rolled my eyes and said in the harshest way possible, "Yes! And they are ten times more important than you ever will be, so if you don't mind, LEAVE". I watched as his eyes became glossy and he shoved him hands in his pockets and walked away, making me feel like a total asshole. I sighed before putting the phone back up to my ear and said, "Maybe we can talk another time", my voice low and monotone. Before I clicked the 'end call' button I heard April yell, "NO! Don't you dare hang up on me Webby, this is important!", her voice was loud and commanding, making me stumble backwards and land on my backside. I looked back and saw I was close to have fallen down the stairs, and sighed in relief before speaking back to April, "You almost made me fall down the apartments stairs!". I could hear her groan from the other end before saying, "That's not the point right now, are you in an isolated place?", She asked reminding me of the previous  conversation I had with her before I told off Dean. I stood up and walked down the stairs, brushing off the dirt and leaves that were stuck to my skirt, and walked out to the car and got inside of it and closed the door, and I responded back, "Yes I am in an isolated place". 

      I could hear April put me on speaker phone before saying, "Okay so we researched the place that you are at right now and we-", I cut her off by saying, "You RESEARCHED this place? Why?". I heard everyone I the back round sigh, before hearing April speak again, "That's not the point once again...now I need you to listen before you get fucking shot". My eyes widened once again, but at the fact that I may get shot, I became very invested with whatever they were going to say now. "Okay continue", I said giving her time to speak, but now I started to become very paranoid of my surroundings. "Thank you...now, we researched this place and found that it is very 'normal' to get shootings, and apparently that city has the highest mass shooting rate in the country, and we don't think it's the right place for you to be right now", she said, making me cringe at every word. So I said back, "I don't know why you're worried, Duckburg is just as bad as here, if anything we ALL need to leave this goddamn state and find somewhere else to live". I could hear someone on the other end gasp, like if they had an idea, I could hear the phone being transferred to someone else and heard a very recognizable voice say, "You're right Webby! We all need to leave this state and find somewhere else to live, it would be perfect". I rolled my eyes, cringing at the fact that he took me serious, and said, "Oh shut it Huey, We're 14 years old, plus Granny would never go out of state same with Scrooge, and don't even get me started on Della and Donald, it would never be possible". "She has a point, but I mean soon enough it would be an apocalypses here, so why not try", I head Louie say in the back round, trying to agree with me and Huey at once. 

      "Hey Webby do you still have your roller skates?", I heard Louie ask, desperation filling his tone once again. I shifted the phone to my other ear and looked back to the back seats and saw the same roller skates I got a few years ago sitting on the seat, "Yea I do", I said answering his question, and turning back around to face forward. "Do you think you could roller skate thirty miles before sundown?", He asked, a realization hitting me, making my eyes widen. "You aren't asking", I said hoping it wasn't what I think he was asking. "Realistically it would take her maybe three hours", Dewey mumbled out doing the math. I looked out my window and it looked about noon, so I sighed in defeat and said, "Yea I can do it", making everyone on the other line become silent. I reached back and grabbed the skates, and hopped out of the car making my way back to the room, while hanging up on everyone. I walked up the steps and to the room peaking my head in seeing Granny unpacking, so I walked in. "Oh hey Webby dear, I need to go out and get some food, so if you could unpack while I'm gone that would be great", Granny said, making me smirk. "Yea of course", I said in the most innocent voice ever, as I watched her walk out of the room and to the car. As soon as I could see Granny pulling of the parking lot, I grabbed my biggest suitcase and started digging through it before I pulled out one of my old black bookbags I used on one of our adventures. I opened up the bag and started putting the clothes that I needed into the bag, filling it up to the brim. I ran over to Granny's bag and pulled out all her makeup, and through it in the front pocket of the bag, and grabbed two spare water bottles and shoved them into my purse, leaving half the bottles exposed. 

      "Alright Webby you got this", I told myself, before walked out of the room, with my purse and bookbag of my back, and my roller skates in hand. Once I made it down the stairs I kicked off my books and started putting on my skates, tying them tight. I grabbed ahold of my books and rolled over to a trash can and through them into the trash can, not giving a shit about them anymore. Once I knew I had everything I pulled out my phone and got the GPS, and started to skate towards where I hope was Duckburg. Every once in a while I would've had to stop to catch my breathe or to get on the grass to go downhill, after about half way through I stopped at what looked like a truck stop and found a rouge bench. I pulled out my phone and called Louie, I held my phone up against my ear and waited for him to pick up, once he did, I said, "I'm half way there". After a moment, I heard him say, "Webby where are you?", I nodded at his question and looked at a sign before saying, "I'm at the truck stop in between Duckburg and Flouver". I heard him sigh and say, "Alright Webby you stay there, we're going to have Lena go and pick you up", when I heard that, I realized once more that Lena was eighteen and she had her own car, which made me mentally face palm. "Okay", I said before hanging up and resting my head on my knees, taking deep breathes and every once in a while taking a sip from one of the water bottles. Soon enough I could hear someone honking at me, which made me look up and I saw Lena in her white SUV, which gave me hope, As I stood up and rolled over to the car and got in. 

Okeee there's another chapter, hope you like it!❤️❤️