Chapter Thirty

(I do not own the quote above)

Webby's POV

I had done it. I had set up a whole birthday party in the apartment for the triplets while they were out shopping with April. 

I plopped down on the couch and admired everything, but my focus was soon on the couch as I felt my weight shift because of Violet dropping on the couch also. 

"We finally finished", Violet huffed out the excitement in her voice was replaced by her tiredness. 

I smiled a bit before responding with a "Yea". 

"We're not done yet!", May yelled from the kitchen, the anger starting to build up in her. 

"You mean you're not done yet", Violet corrected, then ended with a slight chuckle. 

I laughed along to Violet and May arguing over May not being finished with the cake and how it wasn't any of our problems. 

"Psst...Webby!", I heard someone whisper-yell from the hallway right across the room. 

I stood up and followed where the voice had came from and to my surprise it was Lena in a long purple dress that only slightly dragged the ground but it still looked great on her. 

"What is it Lena?", I asked slightly concerned by her outfit, knowing that you only had to dress causally for birthday parties. 

"I'll be missing the party", Lena answered, the bluntness showing straight through her. 

"Why?", I asked.

"I have a job interview...and I really need this, if you guys are going to be living here", Lena answered again, this time the guilt beamed through her eyes, but she tried not to show it. 

"Oh", was all I could manage out. 

"I'm really sorry Webby, I-" "-No, don't worry about it, you gotta do what you do", I cut her off to reassure her. 

I watched Lena beam me a smile as she power walked to the door and like that she left leaving us to tend to the rest of the party. 

I felt my smile drop as soon as she left, and I walked backed over to Violet and May who were not fighting anymore. 

I sat back down on the couch and pulled out my phone and looked at the text that April had sent to me, it had read, 'You guys ready?? I can't keep stalling these dummies any longer'. 

I felt myself smile a little and I looked back up to the decorations and the cake that was sitting on the counter waiting to be eaten, like that I looked back down at my phone and typed back, 'Yea we're ready, bring them back whenever'. 

I shut off my phone and walked towards the kitchen to see the mess that was at the sink, which caused me to sigh. 

I set down my phone on the counter and started up the dishes knowing that Huey would have a whole mental breakdown if the dishes were dirty. I looked back over at my phone that had lit up due to another text. 

I opened my phone quickly and April had wrote back, 'Alright! Will be back in 25'. I shut off my phone again and looked over at May and Violet. 

"Hey guys, get ready, they will be back in about twenty-five minutes, also if one of you could get June out of bed that would be great", I said letting everyone know of the situation. 

"Okay"

"Mkay...will do"

I looked over at the soapy water and finished up cleaning the dishes my mind racing as each dish went onto the drying rack. I was a worried that the party wouldn't be enough for the triplets, but at the same time if they didn't like it they could leave, because we all worked out butts off to make this happen.