𝗂 𝗅𝗂𝗄𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 02

chapter nine part two

Once the boys finished their excercise, they made their way back to the gym with lively chattering along the way. As they entered the gym, Kaori took out the towels while Yukie gave the waterbottles to the boys.

"After all of you drink up, gather infront. I have something to share." Coach announced to the boys.

"How was your excercise?" Y/n asked, giving Akaashi his waterbottle and towel as he wiped his sweat.

"It was nice. I haven't ran in so long so it feels good to finally get that running air..." Akaashi said as he gulped down all the water in his waterbottle.

"That's good to know," y/n commented smiling at the accomplished Akaashi. The boys then gathered infront of coach while the three managers stood behind the coach.

"Starting today, you'll have a new manager. She's a regular here but today, she is officially joining the family," coach announced to the team as he stepped aside for the new manager.

"It's a pleasure to be working with you all!" Y/n said as she bowed to the whole team. The whole team cheered for y/n.

The rest of practice went on as usual then it was finally time to clean up and go home.

"Ah right, y/n-chan, we are going to have a training camp around next two weeks or so. I will pass you the form soon so that your parents will be informed of it. There will be more details listed on the form itself, just wanted to let you know," coach gave y/n a brief explanation about the camp and let her continue cleaning.

After the whole gym was cleaned, the members of the club parted ways outside of school and went home.

"I'm glad you're one of our managers," Akaashi said as he looked over to y/n with a soft smile. "I feel more motivated when you're around during practice." He said as he stopped, his smile growing even bigger.

The light from the moon reflected the pupils in his eyes and his smile was clearly shone. Y/n's heart flutter as she looked at Akaashi in the eyes.

The timing was so right
She had to say it

But she couldn't

"Well then, we should get going. It's getting late," Akaashi said looking at his phone to check the time. Y/n nodded then the two continued walking and stopped once they reached y/n's place. They both talked for awhile then parted ways. Y/n looked at the raven hair boy as he walked.

I don't want him to go
I want him to stay

Akaashi felt a tug on his shirt and looked back to see a blushing y/n looking down. "Y/n?" Akaashi called as they stood there in silence for awhile.

"S-sorry! I moved w-without thinking..." y/n apologised, pulling her hands away.

Akaashi smiled softly and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Well then, see you tomorrow, manager," Akaashi greeted with a slight smirk. Y/n stood there stunned and flustered for awhile then finally entered her house with her heart warmed.

...What was that all about..?

She thought to herself and smiled, placing her fingers and carressing on the part Akaashi had kissed her.

⭒⭑⭒

"You joined the volleyball club as a manager and your having a training camp next week?" Y/n's mother asked reading the form. It had been a week since y/n became manager. Y/n nodded at her mother's question. "Doesn't that mean Akaashi's going too?" She asked looking at the boy who was enjoying his breakfast. The raven hair boy nodded as he took another bite out of his scrambled egg. "Alright, enjoy yourself then," y/n's mother said as she signed the form and passed it to her daughter. The mother greeted the two owls goodbye and took her leave.

A few minutes passed and the two then decided to make their way to school.

"S-say... Akaashi, do you perhaps like anyone?" Y/n asked as her cheeks flushed a light pink shade. There was an awakward silence between them which made y/n feel uneasy. "Y-you don't have to tell me if you don't wan-"

"No... I do... I like someone," Akaashi said as he looked at the brunette. Y/n's eyes widened as she heard the answer.

Who could it be?
Is it someone I know?

Y/n felt disappointed as she thought about who Akaashi might have liked.

"They are really lucky then..." y/n says as she looked away from the 182 cm boy. "I bet they could never reject you if you confessed," she commented as she let out a fake chuckle.

"Why do you think that?" Akaashi asked as he tilted his head looking at the brunette.

"Because you're THE Akaashi Keiji... I'm going to go now, see ya," y/n said as she walked to the bathroom. Akaashi looked at the obviously shattered brunette.

It was you
I wanted to say it
But you just walked away

Akaashi saw y/n's figure disappear into the distance and sighed.