Husband!Hawks x Reader (Baby Daddy)

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Takami. It's a girl!" 

Those words were echoing in your beloved husband's mind on repeat ever since the ultrasound. The whole pregnancy was so much smoother than expected thanks to your doting husband who gave you everything you asked for, including the 3 AM snack runs and your insatiable craving for strawberry Kitkats. His favorite part in the day was right around dawn before he had to leave for work...he was able to watch the sun cast its ruby and gold rays through the windows upon your sleeping form, round belly with his child. Those moments made him appreciate the life he was finally able to achieve, the angelic wife he always wanted with a career he excelled in.

But being a Dad would be an all-new terrifying experience he had no idea he would be good at.

Hawks had no idea where to turn to for help considering heroes were never the best fathers, at least the ones he knew. Endeavor was hated by his kids...Hawks never really knew his parents...and yours didn't even live in Japan. He felt wildly alone and terrified that he would mess his daughter up the same way his parents messed him up. Not to mention the villains that would love to see his heart ripped out.

Could he bring a new life in a world that wasn't ready? He promised to make this world one where heroes would be able to sit back and take it easy...but it was more chaotic now more than ever with the League of Villains on the rise and Stain copycats popping up through all the major cities of Japan. As the number two hero, his job was far from finished...and the thought that his precious baby girl could be targeted...

Hawks waited while you were asleep to go on a morning fly to clear his mind...but his chest was burning in terror as questions and fears swirled around his mind like a hurricane.

Would she even want a father like me?

He was stopped in the open bay window, his fingers gripping the walls to stop himself from falling to the street below. Suddenly, you rubbed your tired eyes and leaned up and out of bed with your rounded belly protruding from your skimpy silk bedwear. Hawks loved silk on you and the way it felt against his hands and feathers...it reminded him how delicate you were now. 

"Honey...what's wrong?" Your voice broke through the silence of the morning, sunlight starting to grow brighter as it rose against the horizon. The room was encased in a gray shadow, but the morning light cast brilliant hues of metallic gold, soft peach, and a vibrant violet against Hawks' shirtless body. The colors highlighted his muscles that you traced with your fingers so many times before, his rugged blond hair pushed back with only two strands dangling in front of his chiseled face. His pools of honey-colored eyes were so deep and warm that you could have drowned in them had he not called out to you. He was an angel that you were lucky enough to love...and even more fortunate enough to marry.

"Nothing sweetness. Just had trouble sleeping is all." He plastered that fake smile on his face that he wore so well, sometimes better than his own. You knew better after being with him for years, and so you opened your arms to goad him into coming your way back to bed. He closed the window and hit the latch, letting out a soft sigh knowing he wasn't getting away with deflecting his stress. What was he supposed to do though? Tell you he didn't deserve you? That he was going to be a failure? He didn't want to lose you...but your arms were too inviting to reject with the shallow resistance he had.

"Alright, alright." His voice grumbled with no animosity or annoyance behind it. He had to be careful not to put too much pressure on you when he hugged you, but having your arms wrapped around him and your soft fingers stroking his feathered wings...it made him nostalgic for a sense of security he didn't have before he met you.

With you as the mother...his daughter would always have a person to call home.

"What am I gonna do (y/n)? When she's born?" He started with, playing with the silk thin strap of your top. You let go of your hug and patted your lap where Hawks laid his head down. You stroked his soft hair and traced your fingers through the patch of stubble on his chin. He reached his palm up to your face, his thumb swiping delicately across your cheek.

"I never had parents that loved me...how do I know that I can give this baby the life she deserves?" Hawks whispered to you with deep-rooted pain in those deep honey old eyes. They were so warm and homey...they captured your heart in its entirety.

"Well...my darling husband..." You started without disconnection your gaze from the man you loved more anyone. "You gave me the greatest happiness in this world with this baby...and by being you. I wouldn't trade anything for it. I know you'll be a wonderful Daddy because you know exactly what not to do. Hawks, you loved me despite all of my flaws...our baby will love us the same way. She's half of you after all." Hawks was silent while listening to you speak. A small droplet fell from his eye and ran down the side of his cheek just to be wiped away by your attentive thumb.

"It's gonna be okay?" Your husband asked you in a soft voice. Hawks may have been the number two hero with a powerful stash of abilities and a laundry list of enemies...but he was soft in your arms tonight with tears streaming down his face in fear he would never be enough for his family.

"It's going to be okay. I am right here with you my love." Your voice was so soothing to him...and he let it carry him off to a moment of peace.

"Maybe I'll go into work late today..."

~~

The day you gave birth was simultaneously the most stressful and the happiest day of your life. You had all the prep bags prepared with your kind neighbor offering to drive you if Hawks wasn't home...which unfortunately for you was exactly the case. You called Hawks three times before he picked up only to be met with your pain infused wrath.

"Hey sweetness what's up-"

"The baby is coming! Get your ass in gear bird boy!" You growled into the phone. His voice went up three octaves as he dropped then quickly caught his phone in shock.

"A-are you serious?!"

"DOES IT SOUND LIKE I'M FUCKING," you whispered an apology to your neighbor who waived you off with a smile, "JOKING!? GET TO THE HOSPITAL NOW!"

"Y-yeah! I am on my way now!" Your husband's voice squeaked into the receiver. The ride felt like an eternity when in reality it was only a twelve-minute drive. Nurses were on you the moment you arrived and only a few minutes after that was when your husband arrived. He was immediately in the delivery room with you, his forehead sweating from flying as fast as possible from the other side of the city to the hospital. 

"Keigo! It hurts!" You whimpered in pain as you positioned yourself in the stirrups to give birth. Your water already broke and the baby was ready to come out. Hawks tried not to panic but it broke his heart seeing you crying out to him. He gave you his hand and you immediately squeezed the daylights out of it. He yelped quietly but focused those glowing honey eyes all on you. He loved you and seeing you in this much agony broke him.

Over an hour had passed until you both finally heard the sharp pang of a baby's cry. Keigo Takami was a grown man in his twenties that has seen people die, villains commit atrocities, and countless abuse in his past...but nothing quite stopped his heart like hearing the cries of his newborn daughter.  

"My...my baby..." He whispered in awe as he looked at the nurses' backs as they washed the baby off. She was placed onto your chest where her little face was looking directly at her teary-eyed father. All fear he once had flew out the window when he saw the tiniest budding of white wings on her back and her own glowing gold eyes peaking at him. He gritted his white teeth together and wiped the overflowing tears that couldn't seem to stop. 

"She's so pretty like her Mommy." He cried out. You smiled at your husband and reveled in the feeling of your daughter laying peacefully on your chest. Soon it would be his turn to have skin to skin with her. After a while, Hawks removed his shirt and jacket so his baby girl could lay on his shirtless chest. 

"I'm jealous." You croaked out with a dry throat and a tired smile. Your husband replied with a smile akin to sunshine.

"Looks like you were right babe...she really is a precious little Angel."