001

i woke up to my cat , pluto licking my face.

" pluto , stop licking my face , dude-" i basically tried to talk to my cat. i'm just dumb. wait am i ? never mind , i am.

omg , i forgot to introduce myself. hey ! i'm taithlynn, taihtylnn rae. i'm turning 17 this year. i only have 2 friends in my school , stiles and andrea but its all right. its better to be in a smaller group , am i right ? anyways , my life has been fine. i wouldn't say its the best , its just at the rate that i can handle pretty well. all right , that's enough chit chat , lets get back to the story , shall we ?

i looked at the time on my phone and realised it was 7am.
" shit , i got to get ready for school " i said to myself.
i got up at went to bathroom. when i was done , i checked the time at is was 7.36. i went into the kitchen to get breakfast. i saw my mom so i greeted her.

" good morning mom "
" good morning sweetie , you ready for school today ? " my mom replied
" i guess , mom could i go out with stiles and andrea after school ? "
" i'm sorry sweetie but we have guest coming over today. mr and mrs diaz are coming over with their son. we have something important we need to discuss. " something important ? what could be so important.
" ouh okay then. but could they come over before mr and mrs diaz comes ? "
" sure " as she said that , a notification pooped up on my phone.
' we're outside. hurry up.' it was from andrea.
" i got to go now mom , see you after school " i said as i opened the front door.

" hey guys "
" what took you so long " stiles asked as he started driving.
" sorry , i was asking my mom if i could hang with you guys after school but she said we were having guest over. but y'all can still hang at my house before the guest arrive. "
" aren't you allowed to go out even if guest are over ? " andrea asked.
" yea but my mom said there's something important that they had to discuss with hector's parents. " they nodded as they heard that.
" imagine if they're planning an arranged marriage for you and hector. " stiles suddenly blurted out.
" dude , i hope not. "

soon after , we reached school. i went to my locker to get my stuff then i saw hector approaching me. i looked behind me to see if he was walking to another person but there was no one there.

" hey , do you know what our parents wants to discuss about ? " he asked me.
" not really. i just found out y'all were coming over today. " i replied to him.
" same. but it's all right , i'll see you at your place. " he said as he walks away.
" see you "

" we're you just talking to hector ? " andrea asked me.
" yea , he asked if i knew what our parents wants to discuss about. "
" i bet you its an arranged marriage. " stiles added. i started to get a bit nervous.
" stiles , stop. you're starting to make me feel nervous. " i said
" taith , chill out. i was just joking. no need to be so stressed out. anyways , i'm going to head to class first. see y'all doofus later. " he said.
" all right bye. "

" hey andrea , how are you and stiles ? " i asked since andrea has had the biggest crush on stiles since we were in 3rd grade.
" i don't exactly know but we're close now. " she replied.

we entered out class and sat at our desks. that's when i saw hector about 3 seats away from me. i didn't realised we was in the same class as me. he was talking to his friend derek. i think i spaced out and was staring at hector. what a creep i am. but i came back down to earth when andrea waved her hand in front of me and said
" there's a saying . take a picture , it'll last longer " she said jokingly and we both laughed.

soon , the day was over.
" so , y'all are coming to my house , right ? "
" yup " they both said.
" all right , lets go. "

they spend about 2 hours in my house. we were basically ranting to each other about life and we were eating pizza. they soon had to go as the diaz's family were about to reach soon.

" bye guys ! i'll see y'all tomorrow " i shouted at them as they waved goodbye to me "

i helped my mom set up the table and about 5 minutes later , they arrived. as usual , the mom would be talking about food. the dads will be talking about football while the teenagers , well they were on their phones.

the dumb squad 🦋💞

stiles 🐝 - what are y'all doing now ?
taithlynn ☄️ - nothing. moms are talking , dads are talking. teens are on their phones.
andrea 🦋 - damm y'all humans are boring.
stiles 🐝 - aren't u a human andrea ?
andrea 🦋 - nopp , i'm a mermaid.
stiles 🐝 is typing...

i turned off my phone as i heard my mom call everyone to sit at the dining table. we started the dinner by eating first.
about half way through our meal , they started the discussion.

" as y'all know , we are all gathered here to discuss about an important matter. " mr diaz said.
" we decided that this is a good opportunity for y'all. " my dad added. now i'm starting to feel nervous. what are they talking about ?
" we're getting you both married !! " both of the moms shouted.
" WHAT ? " i shouted.
" i don't want to be forced to marry someone i barely know ! i want to have my freedom to marry who i love ! " i added on.
" exactly ! this isn't exactly fair for me and taithlynn. we deserve to have freedom. " hector said agreeing to us.
" both of you , stop shouting and sit down ! this is going to happen whether you like it or not ! " mr diaz shouted back at us. i wasn't technically happy at the fact this was happening but at least hector is a nice dude , right ?
the whole dinner was quiet because no one had anything to say.
once dinner was done , i helped the moms clean up and in 30 minutes the diaz's family were leaving.
" taith , honey , from tomorrow onwards , you will be staying with hector in his room. that will be until we find a house for you and hector. " my mom said to me. at this point , i was exhausted , i rolled my eyes and walked to my room.

the dumb squad 🦋💞

taithlynn ☄️ - i cant believe this. i'm going to be forced to marry hector diaz ??
stiles 🐝 - WAIT I WAS RIGHT ?
andrea 🦋 - holy shit ? they rlly did that to u ?
taithlynn ☄️ - & from tomorrow onwards , i'll be staying w hector. can my live get anymore worse ?
andrea 🦋 - woah , are u going to have to sleep in the same room as hector ?
taithlynn ☄️ - yupp
stiles 🐝 - sucks to be u , man :(

i went to charge my phone sand i went to bed.

-
the next morning

today was the day i have to move in to hector's room. this is too much to handle. you know what , let's worry about school first.
i got ready for school , took a cereal bar and head off to school. i can worry about packing my things once i went back home.
i spend time with stiles and andrea but i was still upset about the whole arranged marriage.

after my last period , hector waited for me in front of my locker.
" hey , uh my mom told me to accompany you to pack ? " he said.
" ouh , uh okay "
we took his car to my house and i started packing. in about 1-2 hours , i was done packing.

" thanks for your help " i said jokingly because hector was on his phone the entire time.
" hey , my mom said to accompany you , not help you pack. " we both laughed. maybe things will be fine with hector. i hope so.

we soon reach the driveway of his house. this is really happening , huh. i cant believe this.

author's note

that was all for chapter 1. i hope you enjoy the story so far. i might be a little behind on the updates because i am currently editing 2 books. soo yea. i'm sorry if the updates are coming really late.
anyways , that's all.
adios amigos !!

word count : 1396