08

Ava's Modeling Career Exposed

Readers point of view

After my chaotic morning with Rhys I decided to lock myself away in my room.
Unfortunately my conversation with my mom kept going around in circles in my head.
Typically I'm not the kind of person to go into something that I know will only end up hurting me, but the little thought that maybe my mom has changed. It's making me go crazy.
I let my head hit my pillow wishing for some kind of distraction to appear.
Then as per my wishes a loud banging sound coming from Ava's room echoed throughout our apartment.
I lifted my head from my pillow with a confused look on my face as I slowly got up and braced myself for the distraction I needed.
Once I opened my door I watched as Leif, Noi, and Rhys running away from Ava's room and quickly into their own little homemade door to their homemade part of our apartment.

The hell was that about?

Shaking my thoughts away I slowly walked towards Ava's room, but as I got closer I heard an obnoxious, familiar voice.
"Come on, you know Ava. She isn't going to make an Instagram account. Why not just look up
Y/n's? They're still friends, I'm sure they post about each other."
This familiar voice had been a guy from high school. The typical jerk, popular, football player wanna be star. Steve.
"You know I can't believe you kept in contact with those two after high school. Ava was a total weirdo and Y/n was a loner and a fake. Our entire grad class agreed that they were annoying." One of Steve's friends added.
"No! It's an interesting story, but they're-" Lorelei  tried to slightly defend us but had been cut off by Steve.
"Let me take a guess. Ava only has Y/n as a friend right?" Steve asked.
"Well-" Lorelei tried to talk again but had been cut off by another of Steve's friends.
"They're both like a charity case for you."
Steve and the others laughed.
"You know, it's hard to ever imagine Ava having an Instagram account. She'll have to do what Y/n does and pay for followers." Steve added causing an uncomfortable tension to form throughout the apartment.
"They both were so self absorbed in high school. Acting like they were above everyone else, and being totally rude to everyone else." Steve's first friend said with the second adding.
"Everyone said Ava ended up that way because of her dad's jobs. People said that she paid Y/n to hang out with her in high school. It's pretty pathetic."
"Just do yourself a favour Lore. Leave them in the past with high school. Right where they belong." Steve and the other all laughed as they continued to think of more nasty things to say about Ava and I.

I finally had enough though and walked into Ava's room taking her phone off her dresser and hung up on those idiots.
I looked over at Ava and saw the hurt expression she had on her face.
"Ava...don't listen to those guys. They're children in adult bodies with nothing better to do. They say we're pathetic but in the end who's the ones wasting their time talking about rumours from high school? They are." I explained.
"I will show them." I heard her faintly mutter.
"Hm?" I slightly questioned.
"I will show them!!" She yelled louder as she sprung up from her bed and dug through her messy closet.
"Y/n wait in the living room for me. We are going to destroy Lorelei's stupid friends. I'm going to get my Instagram way more popular than theirs." Ava said with a determined look in her eyes.
I laughed a little and went out to wait in the living room for her to find the right outfit.

Ava quickly came out of her room mumbling to herself as she looked on her phone.
"Ugh why is this so hard!?" She asked frustrated.
"What're you trying to do?" I questioned.
"I can't find a pose that would make me look good." Ava said as she tossed her phone over towards me.
I looked down and saw her scrolled through Instagram looking at model's.
"Okay first of all actual model's do professional poses, when you wanna post on Instagram for fun posing shouldn't be too serious." I explained a bit.
"Why do you know so much about this?" Ava asked.
"Do you want help or not?" I questioned as she groaned and nodded. "Alright then go over there and I'll help you." I added and I began taking pictures of Ava and showing her different poses she can try out.