Chapter 1: A Lost Star

Eiea squinted up at the dark trees. Lost. How could she be lost? The way back home had always been the same... Until she had looked behind some trees, and then ended up in this impossible forest. Eiea had looked behind trees, gone into bushes, and whispered to plants, looking for magic, or for a way out before, but never had she expected that magic would look back. Right? It had to be magic. There wasn't another explanation. She felt a small thrill, I was right, before realizing again the cost of her glory. Dark, wicked looking thorns loomed out above her and she winced. Whispers seemed to echo around Eiea. I'm not crazy, she thought stubbornly. I'm not! ...Right? It would be inconviniant if she was crazy. Areyoulostchild? the wind whispered. Eiea covered her ears. It's not real- maybe I AM going crazy after all- WhyareyouintheDarkenedForest,youngone? Is it real?? "Show yourself!" She yelled at the darkness. The branches shook, seeming to mock her. Eiea growled at them. Howamusing.Anotherworthlessone.But-ahh,thisoneisdifferent.Notfromhere,notfromthere.WhatwilltheSoceressthink?  "What do you mean, not from here or there? Who's the Soceress?" She yowled at the voices. Maybeanotherworthlessonewillknowwhattodowithyou...  Mused the wind. "Stop calling me worthless!" No answer this time, except faint laughter. The ground began to shake slightly. What the- A red glint from the surface of the rocks... And then a young boy errupted from the earth.