Chapter 3: New Acquaintances

"I'm Rin Wicker, and you're in danger." Eiea, five minutes later, still couldn't get that out of her head. Of course, it was hard to when it was the only thing the new boy, Rin, had said for those last few minutes, so it wasn't entirely just her echoing brain. Despite all of her insistent questions, he still wouldn't answer her. It was getting extremely annoying. "In danger from what?" She asked again. He glared at her and kept on cutting the branches in front of him out of the way with a  knife that he had drawn from his pocket. "Everything here." Rin muttered. Well, he certainly didn't look like exactly the right kind of guide to Eiea. Dark red hair (Dyed?) with a darker brown undercut, red vest over a white dress shirt (Who wore a dress shirt in the middle of the woods? This lunatic, apparently), dark red pants (Dang, this guy certainly loved red), with sharp nose and a sharper attitude, Eiea was already fed up with this 'Rin'. "Hurry up." He grumbled. She groaned and picked up the pace. "Do you even know where you're going?" Eiea asked, kicking at a rock. I swear if he's just getting me even more lost... "Of course I do." Rin sneered. "Then why are you helping me?"

Shoot. He was going to have to think up something good...and quickly. An idea crossed Rin's mind. What if... "Because you the-" He bit the inside of his mouth, scrambling for a lie. "The Chosen One." Rin decided on. "Theres an evil Sorceress who controls the Darkened Forest, and you were prophisized by the High Council to end her reign of terror." "Me?" The girl whispered, shocked. She then narrowed her eyes. "Well, what's in it for you?" Rin tried his best to give a nonchalant shrug. "The freedom of my home and family." The last word hurt, but he ignored it. "I just want to go home..." Eiea murmered. "The Sorceress won't let you.. not until you defeat her and free the woods." Or ever. She'll never free you, or anybody. No, she'll free-  can't think about that right now. But she'll do it, for this girl. Then I'll have my family all together again... I just have to play it cool now. "All right." The girls voice interuppted Rin's thoughts. "I'll do it, if it means getting home. Now," she took a deep breath. "-lead on, Rin Wicker."