Chapter 4: Old Friends

"Come on!" Benett called up ahead. "You're going too fast!" Whined one of the other girls. "Natty's right, Ben, you're going too fast for us!" Said Maeve, trying to catch up with her faster friend. Benett turned around and sighed. "Maybe for you, but it's so fun to go fast! Besides, you know Natts could use the exercise." She added, playfully, looking at her friend. Natalia frowned as Maeve giggled. "Don't be rude, Benny." Though Natalia was the shortest, she always seemed to try to act mature, despite Maeve and Benett's playful teasing. With Natalia's yellow dress, Benett's red one, and Maeve's orange dress, the girls were often called 'Little flames' around the village. 'Those aren't for you, ya sparks!' 'Come on, little flames, won't you help me out here?' and such. "Nattyyyyyy, come on, lighten up a bit!" Groaned Maeve. Natalia cracked a smile. "All right." Benett whooped and grabbed their hands, as they all ran off together, laughing at their friends antics. 

The Sorceress opened her eyes and stared down at her crystal ball. Simpler times... She dug her long nails into the table. Those times were gone. Gone. And never again would they come back to haunt her.