Chapter 2: The Red Guide

Rin Wicker frowned at the Council. "You want me to guide someone? That's ridiculous!" Interestingnewonehere.Youguide,wepay.Sorceressnotharmyouanymore.  Hissed the Council. Rin almost grinned. Payment AND protection? His gaze darkened. If the Council was going to put up that much, then the newcomer must really be interesting. "What's so interesting about them?" He said, furrowing his brow. Newone.Somethingbigcomingnewonebringingitjustguide,orwillwehavetogetanother?Thisisnotsomethingtotakelightlyweaklingyouguideoryoudon't.   Rin didn't want to know what would happen if he didn't. "What do you even want me to do?" Rin asked, shoving his hands into his pockets. He felt his knife and gripped it tight. Guide.GuidetoSorceressandguideawayfromhomeguidethemawayswift. He held in a groan. The Council was making even less sense than usual. "I don't want to become some marinette to the Sorceress." Rin told them, with a matter-of-fact tone. Youwon'tbeyouwillhaveprotectionaslongasyoubringthenewone.Sorceresswillwantthenewone. "Fine." He sighed. A twinge of guilt echoed somewhere deep inside him, saying that nobody deserved the fate that always lay at the hands of the Sorceress, but he pushed it back. Wewillbringyouweakonetohernowsoonnow. "Her-?" And with that, Rin was sucked through the forest.

Eiea stared at the boy who had just popped out of the ground, cursing and dusting himself off. He looked back at her. "Well?" He said impatiently. "What're you staring at?" She frowned. Already this guy was starting to get on her nerves. "My name is Eiea." She said, tilting her head to show him that she wasn't intimidated by the couple inches he had on her. "And apparently, you're my guide to these insane woods."