Does this mean he likes me?

Betty's POV

I was so happy, but confused. Does this mean he likes me to? Is this just a casual date? Does Archie know? My thoughts were interrupted by the bell. I headed to first period. As soon as I entered the class room, and I was met with a smiling kevin. I sat on the empty seat next to him and he leaned over and said

K: Did I see The Jughead Jones kissing your cheek on the way to class?

B: Uh, yeah

K: spill!!!

B: Okay fine, I was going to wait until V and Cheryl were here but, Jughead asked me out on a date!!!

K: OMG are you serious

I nodded

K: Yay!! When and where?

B: Tomorrow night, at the speakeasy

K: Omg, oh If I were you I wouldn't tell Archie

B: Why?

K: When we were younger, before I came out, Archie made us swear we wouldn't date, touch or fool around with you.

B: Okay so I wont tell archie, I know how over protective he can be. Anyways, you, and V need to help me get ready.

K: Obviously

The rest of the day went fast, I told Veronica, Cheryl and Toni about my date and they were really excited about it. They are going to come over tomorrow like me and kev have planned. I was outside the school waiting for Archie so we could go home, because he had the car. It was the end of the day, and I couldn't wait to go home. While I was waiting I got a text from Archie.

*On Text*

(The names are how they have each other on there contacts)

Arch: Hi Betty sorry I can't drive you home me and Ronnie are going to pops

Betty: then how am I supposed to get home; Mom and Dad are not leaving work until later, and the house is pretty far from here

Arch: Sorry, just ask your friends for a ride

Betts: Fine I will figure it out.

Arch: Great see you at home, sorry again

-Veronica POV-

Once Betty told us about her date, I was so happy for her. She's liked Jughead since we were in fifth grade and he liked her too. My bestie was so excited. I knew Archie wouldn't approve. Which was a shame because I couldn't ramble on about how I am so excited about them being together, but oh well that's why I have my other bestie kevin. Me and Kevin are the biggest Bughead fans in this town. I knew Archie didn't know, he would have said something about it, and also, Jughead would be badly injured. Betty needed some alone time with Jug. So I convinced Archie to go to Pop's after school, knowing Betty needs a ride home. I made Archie wait to tell her that he's not driving her home, so most people would go. Kevin and Cheryl as well as toni were in this. Me and Archie were walking out and I spotted Jughead. I quickly approached him.

V: Hi, Jug you should give Betty a ride home.

J: I mean not that I would mind, but why?

V: Me and Archie are going to pop's, and you could make an other move on her this evening

J: She told you guys didn't she?

V: Indeed, now go