ch . five 🌫

Unknown
Aurora, this is Javard.
You
Oh yes, of course!
Javard Giovanni 👨🏼‍🦳🎹
What day should we start our lesson?
You
It depends on you.
Javard Giovanni 👨🏼‍🦳🎹
Wednesday, Saturday and Monday cool to you?
You
Sure! I'll be there in 5 o'clock, do we need anything else?
Javard Giovanni 👨🏼‍🦳🎹
Cool! Bring yourself , your mind and soul 😉
You
ANYTHING! Anyway, your help mean everything to me.
Javard Giovanni
Well, feel great to help you too. It's late, go sleep Aurora, you have school tomorrow. Goodbye, have a nice dream!
You
You too. ;)

        I couldn't bring myself to believe that he is actually texted me. Not along time ago, he just punched a guy for me and this time he teach me how to play a piano but I have not done anything to repay him back.  Then, I heard a notification on my phone. It's a message from him.

Javard Giovanni 👨🏼‍🦳🎹
Use this to go to my house. I almost forget about it.

   I tapped the button and there's the way to his house. I typed a thank you and dozed off, dreaming about the way how the lesson will flow.

-_ -  -   _ - _ -  _ -

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!!
The sound of my alarm woke me up and realised that I only have 30 minutes to get ready to school. I just wore a simple dress and put on a jeans jacket for today since it is the closest one to me right now.

     I have gave my name to Miss

     I have gave my name to Miss. Latifah yesterday, and she told me that there's only left 2 column, I am relieved that there's still room for me to join. Today is the beginning of my piano learning with Javard, I hope it goes well.

     Fortunately today, the road is not crowded and I may not have to worry about my delay in school. When I got to school, I had about 8 minutes to go to the locker and pick up my books. Right away, I walked into my first period class, Chemistry. There were so many students in the class, there were empty chair in front of the class so I kept going to the seat and waited until the teacher arrived. We do an experiment and it was fun, Mr. Louis always finds a way to make we enjoyed his class whether joked around or pranked the boys.

"That's all for today. Thank you and David, please stop wearing diaper. You are a senior!" He told David, our class clown. Everyone laughed and booed him.

    School is smooth. The teachers gave us homework and there's a new boy in my France class. I drove to Javard's house using the map that he has given me the night before. His house was surrounded by green trees, there are many houses nearby and all of it was designed in a modern house type.

 His house was surrounded by green trees, there are many houses nearby and all of it was designed in a modern house type

         It's a big house for a single man. I parked my car at his pathway and walked to the door. I was about to tap on the bell but then he's already opened it, stood on his glorious 6'2 foot tall.

"Come on get in." He lead me to a room that is on second floor. It was so beautiful, the room covered with mirror at every side, there's a piano in the middle, a mic stand beside it and the room smell like a new book.

"Wow, this is so beautiful." Long forgotten about the coffee and cupcakes in my hand.

"Oh, i bought this for you. I hope you like white coffee." I gave it the paper bag to him.

"Thank you." He put the paper bag on a coffee table which seat perfectly at the corner with two wing chairs around it. He told me to sit beside him on a long chair behind the piano. I am totally clueless right now.

"You have any notebook?" I shook my head.

"No. You told me that I should just bring myself, my mind and soul so that's what I'm doing now." He chuckled and shake his head. Oh god, such a cutie. He stand up and go the another room, he bring a notebook and a pen with him. Javard gave it to me and asked me to be ready.

"So right now, I will tell you a little information about piano first. Like an introduction session yea." I nodded and opened the notebook.

"Each key on the keyboard represents a specific musical note. The white keys on a piano keyboard signify the seven note name which is A-B-C-D-E-F-G and the black keys are used to identify sharp or flat notes. Write it if you think that it's important."

"Next, we have 12 different roots available, from C to B. So 12 times 100 possible chords per octave give us a rough total of 1200 chords on the piano. Theoretically, you can play these 1200 chords in 7 different octaves on a piano, which results in a total of 8400 possible chords. Understand?" Wow, that's a lot of information! I nodded and focused on him again.

"There are dozens of piano chords to learn but this 8 things here is what I consider to be the most important. First one, C major. It consists of C, E and G, can easily played with fingers 1,3 and 5. C major 7/9 b, G major, G major the first inversion, a minor and minor 7, F major and last but not least, F major but the second inversion."

"Okay, the basic piano chords are C major, G major, A minor and F major. Each of them has their own symbol and we will learn it soon. Since you only have 6 weeks to learn, so I will only teach you the basic one because the professional piano lesson can lead to 6 years or up."

"But can I play any songs with only the basic one?" I asked him.

"Of course. A million of songs!"

"But now, I want you to listen to the sound that each keys made. Listen closely." He put his fingers on the piano and started to play it slowly.

-_ - _ —- - _

      The lesson went really well. He is a good tutor, he told me that I should know and recognise the piano, not only memorize the sound that its makes. At the end of the day, I really enjoy the lesson and I know easily the sound that every keys on the keyboard made. Javard sent me to my car and hugged me a goodbye.

🤍🎹🖤🤍🎹🖤

I am so sorry if any of those information is wrong, I am totally clueless about piano. I just learnt it from the internet so I don't know if it right because sometimes it can be wrong. By the way, don't forget to vote, share and comment. Bubye (^з^)-