one.

(y/n) (l/n) was a sophomore in college, studying computer sciences, when she met her friends. the first person she met was none other than johnathan schlatt. he was quite attractive, and if (y/n) had seen him on some dating site or in a bar or something, she definitely would've given him a chance. sadly for him, though, he ruined his first impression when they got paired up for a project together.

he was nice, don't get her wrong, he was just a little awkward. very 'i just want to finish this project and be done with it so you and i can forget we ever interacted', and something about that really resonated within (y/n), so she abode by what he so wanted, up until they were almost 100% complete with the project.

the two of them had been using discord to communicate, calling every day at 6pm. except johnathan was late. this was by no means an issue, it gave (y/n) plenty of time to mess around on twitter and instagram, just waiting for him to finally start the call or text her or something

eventually, he messaged her an apology about having her wait. she simply replied by saying it's okay and asking him if he was ready to call then. he didn't waste time replying, instead simply calling her.

"sorry i was so late, my mom wanted to go get some pizza, so we went to get some and lost track of time," he apologized, a shuffling sound being heard as he moved something around.

"no, no, it's fine, don't worry about it johnathan," (y/n) opened up the program on her computer, humming in thought, "y'know, i haven't had real authentic new york pizza yet, what place did you go to?"

johnathan made a noise of surprise, "you haven't had new york pizza yet? how?" he immediately started blabbering about different joints and how places in other parts of the country couldn't compare to the traditional new york slice. he realized he was rambling, and quickly shut himself up, apologizing again, "sorry for blabing, it's- it's just my friends and i had a similar conversation about this a couple days ago on our podcast,"

"oh? did you drop any good pizza place names there?" she replied, smiling even if he couldn't see her.

"yeah, i did! do you want a suggestion?" she made a humming sound, eventually asking what his suggestion was, "la bellezza pizza, ask for your slice well done and crispy. when the slice isn't crispy, it's not much to write home about, but oh god, when they crisp it it's like a whole different pizza!"

the more johnathan rambled, the more (y/n) hoped that this wouldn't be a one off thing. she wanted to have more conversations like this, just stupid topics where they could ramble about anything and everything.

later that night, (y/n) checked on her phone to see if la bellezza pizza was still open. luckily for her, it was. she debated going out and getting a slice of pizza or two for dinner. it was in the manhattan borough, though, whereas (y/n) was in her apartment in brooklyn. she could suck it up and take the subway over to a manhattan station and just walk there, but she didn't count on herself to not get lost.

a thought passed through her mind; what if she asked johnathan to meet her there tonight so he could give her an actual suggestion for what pizza to get?

it seemed stupid to ask that, but he'd mentioned that he was also in the brooklyn area, so he could walk to her apartment (or vice versa) and together they could go to the pizza parlour. she decided to give it a try.

'hey johnathan, have you eaten yet?'

he replied that he'd eaten a slice of pizza earlier, but was probably going to make himself something quick and easy later. after that was sent, a quick why was also shot her way.

'i was wondering if you wanted to go to the pizza place you told me about together? i don't want to get lost and i feel like you'd know the route better than me lol'

he replied:

'whats ur address? i'll meet you outside :)'

and from that night on, a beautiful friendship bloomed.